PDA

View Full Version : Last Public Betas

MountainDrew023
05-18-2002, 01:40 PM
Since some peopls am tired of me posting and asking which to release first, i am going to work and release all my quests at the same time. So, I am going to be releasing the last public betas/demos of my quests starting with the Flame Quest, Blue Quest and Return of Agahnim. SO here they are.

BTW everyone can post feedback even Pilth if he wants to say its crappy again(although i doubt he's played it:laughing: )

http://www.zelda-gaming.com/azc/uploads/TheReturnofAgahnimSpecial%20Edition.zip

http://www.zelda-gaming.com/azc/uploads/TheFlameQuestSpecialEdition.zip

http://www.zelda-gaming.com/azc/uploads/BlueQuestSpecialEdition.zip

plith
05-18-2002, 02:26 PM
Ouch, I'm so hurt. Yep, those are some god-awful demos you've got there. Bland, boring, pointless, garish, and just not fitting together. A bunch of words that can very well be used to describe all three. And I played them as far as I felt I had to (went through a dungeon in each one, gave you a chance). I'd much rather play something that a dyslexic 5-year old could've made.

*b*
05-18-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by plith
I'd much rather play something that a dyslexic 5-year old could've made.

ouch! even I felt that one! well, I think the 1st one's good MD!

MountainDrew023
05-18-2002, 02:58 PM
you think i listen to him?

If you've played one level in all of them, then what is the item you get first in the flame quest?

plith
05-18-2002, 03:05 PM
The fire boomerang. You also get a blue candle a few screens later and a wooden sword at the end of the level. You really are assinine enough to think I'd be lying when I say your quests suck?

MountainDrew023
05-18-2002, 03:19 PM
Ok so you've played it I will accept what you think
Who knows why you would attack quests at all?

BTW if you were paying attention you'd know that it is the white sword...

plith
05-18-2002, 03:30 PM
White sword, wooden sword. It was brown, therefore it is made of wood. Why would I have bothered to try using it on anything?

Who knows why you would attack quests at all?
Normally I'm nice to people who can't make a decent quest. But normally those people don't post time and again trying to ask people which one of their nine quests sucks the least. When you get to that point, you've overstepped your bounds and are left open to whatever the fuck I wanna say.

*b*
05-18-2002, 03:40 PM
White sword, wooden sword. It was brown, therefore it is made of wood.

... it could have been rusted! *plith smacks *b* with hard object*:sick: :gavel:

plith
05-18-2002, 03:43 PM
Hard object.... gosh, some of you people make it too easy.
:laughing:

JayeM
05-18-2002, 04:05 PM
plith, thank you for those kind words of encouragement and constructive criticism. Did it occur to you that maybe you could tell him exactly what steps that he could take to improve his quests? And if you say delete them, I will bitchslap you. :(

plith
05-18-2002, 04:54 PM
Hmmm... bitchslap, eh? *considers*
Dele-- not worth it. Though if I were in your position, I probably would. (I'm not fucking kidding. I deleted the Descendant maps just a couple weeks ago.)

Blue quest: Make your own damn palette. Just using the default blue CSet doesn't cut it. There's a section of AlphaDawg's tutorial that covers editing CSets. Also, work on making the tiles actually fit together. A mountain that just ends where it looks like it should have a corner just looks wrong. That applies to all your quests. Lastly, don't you ever copy a screen again. I absolutely detest quests where you go through four of the same screen only with one or two tiles changed and different enemy patterns.

Return of Agahnim: Get something to it besides large open empty areas.

Flame Quest: Just too damn bland. Use some more tiles in different ways. If a screen doesn't have some sort of purpose besides connecting to the next one, give it something to do.

MountainDrew023
05-18-2002, 04:57 PM
Actually its a fire sword. and it kills blue octorocks so the should be a giveaway

I'd much rather play something that a dyslexic 5-year old could've made.
and i am sorry that you will only play quests made by yourself

BTW i only asked so that i could stop hearing how i need to work on quest at a time