PDA

View Full Version : Theme switching bug on the forums

GuitarmanTim
05-18-2002, 01:35 PM
I found a bug when switching themes. If you swich to another theme by clicking on someone's style under their avatar in a post, your theme does change BUT, it still says what you had before you switched under you avatar, and you can't change it anymore using your CP from that point on either. You have to click someone's style in a post to change it again. Can get really anoying if you wanna browse themes with your CP, any1 else notice this?

MrCow
05-18-2002, 01:46 PM
no you can change in your cp you just have to click it and wait till it says changed then close the window and reload agn on a new window

Paradox
05-18-2002, 01:47 PM
i just tried it. the cp thing still seems to think you had your old style, therefore not changing it when you click ok. but there isn't really a problem because if you want to switch back to your old style just click your style on the post you or someone else with the same style made.

Daarkseid
05-18-2002, 02:58 PM
Clicking the style themes under somebody's name just lets you see and use their style while your logged on. Otherwise, officially, your using whatever style you've set in your CP.

Clicking the theme under somebody's name is not meant to be permanent, I think, but rather as a "sampler" of sorts.

Set Theme(A) - Shown Theme(A)

Click another persons theme(B)

Set Theme(still A) - Shown Theme(B)

Change your set theme to theme(C)

Set Theme(C) - Shown Theme(B)

Thats how I've come to understand how custom themes work.

GuitarmanTim
05-18-2002, 04:17 PM
ah, that explains it :) not the most logical of things though

Andy Dick
05-18-2002, 04:46 PM
.... dummy .....

vegeta1215
05-18-2002, 05:23 PM
I think this is a bug that should definitly be looked into.

All you would have to do is either
a) make it switch correctly when you click the link under someone's avatar
b) take the link for the style out altogether (if they can read the name, they can change it on their own)