PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the Clones Theme Question

J.J. Maxx
05-18-2002, 12:10 AM
As you all know, I just got finished making our new Attack of the Clones forum theme, and I was wondering, how do you all feel about the wave of themes recently and of the feature in general? Do you think it's lame and we should all use the same one? Do you think the themes we have are good? Bad? Should we start choosing themes instead of just accepting every one thats made?

I'm just curious because I have alot of theme ideas in my head that I'm itching to make and I was just wondering what you guys think and if it would be worth it... :)

Daarkseid
05-18-2002, 12:17 AM
Eh, I'm too burned out on new themes to care. You people can do what you want. I'm sticking with Summertime.

J.J. Maxx
05-18-2002, 12:18 AM
I would use summertime, but the fact that the top logo doesn't match the background bothers the hell outta me. ;)

slothman
05-18-2002, 12:23 AM
I don't really care as long as I get my white background.

Daarkseid
05-18-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by JJMaxx
I would use summertime, but the fact that the top logo doesn't match the background bothers the hell outta me. ;)

It does on my machine. I really wish Radium had gone with the original logo design and incorporated that Sun Flower. I really don't like that sun.

I'm using the Attack of the Clones theme for now, however, since the logo looks pretty good and matches the set of colors...

J.J. Maxx
05-18-2002, 12:31 AM
On a factual note: My AOTC theme is the only theme that uses two different text colors for your member info on the left of each post. ;) Pretty cool.

Mitsukara
05-18-2002, 12:49 AM
I think it's a nice feature to have, so long as the themes are well-made (look good and are fairly original, or noticible improvements over other some older theme) and function properly (I.E. all text is visible without highlighting, button images don't load properly, etc). It's nice to be able to switch themes of your own accord.

J.J. Maxx
05-18-2002, 01:56 AM
Well will we eventually have as many themes as we do avatars? *shudders* I hope not. After a month we should see what themes aren't being used and axe them. LOL

vegeta1215
05-18-2002, 02:45 AM
The themes I really like have great colors that go together, and everything looks nice and is easy to read. These are well made and thought out, they are:
- Hyrule Night
- Tenchi
- Classic Black
- Nuked
- Summertime
- Attack of the clones

The ones I don't like, the colors just clash, and are unpleasent to look at, they are:
- CT Antipod
- CT Chrono Break
- Main Page (the blue and orange look good on the main page, but there's too much of it here)

The rest are themes I think have great potential and could use some slight modifications to make them dynamite, they are:
- Uncharted Territories (too much contrast)
- Rose Restriction (too much contrast)
- Final Fantasy (too plain, needs a bit more color, otherwise, excellent)
-Tactical Espionage (colors - slight changes to the shades of greenish-blue would improve it)
- SD3 (blue and green just don't work. newer or diff shades of color)

I think the themes are great ideas, and make AGN a little more personal without changing a whole lot or using much space.

I really hope someone adds the green Zelda one that was made by the person who did Hyrule night, that one was good too. (and maybe the original forum theme from Aug 2000 :D)

Darunia
05-18-2002, 06:21 AM
Daarkseid:
Eh, I'm too burned out on new themes to care. You people can do what you want. I'm sticking with Summertime.

Daarkseid.
Style: Attack of the Clones

:eyebrow:

I like those themes :D and AotC is the best (Except if they add mine j/k)

As long we don't start to have new 2508537579 themes to day, they are ok... specially if they aren't eye-hurting and stuff :D

Drunken Tiger
05-18-2002, 06:28 AM
While we are on the subject of themes when are they going to add you simpsons one JJ???

obi
05-18-2002, 06:28 AM
Hard to say, my fave hs been classisc black but I like the one I'm using now, dark colours are nice. :)

Paradox
05-18-2002, 11:13 AM
after there gets to be too many themes we sould get rid of the ones nobody uses

MasterSwordUltima
05-18-2002, 11:19 AM
We need an older version Final Fantasy, with the old 8-Bit colors. If we had that I would use that all the time. Or perhaps an MPQ one, heh. But yeah, I like to switch the themes around a bit, so it shouldn't be pick and theme and you're stuck with that, no. And more themes is good! Gives the place more style, thank god!

Hrmmm...a MegaMan one would be good too! Possibly a metroid one?

AtmaWeapon
05-18-2002, 01:23 PM
I like the themes, but I wish there was some way to easily preview them. The only way I know of is to either hunt down someone with the theme you want to see or do it in the user cp, but in the user cp, you have to pick, click, wait; pick, click, wait. There should maybe be a themes preview page with pics of the themes in action or something.

J.J. Maxx
05-18-2002, 03:10 PM
The best way to preview themes is to open two different browser windows. One is your control panel where you can change the style and the other is you logged into the main page. Then just change the theme on one and reload on the other. ;)

Daarkseid
05-18-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Darunia

"Daarkseid:
Eh, I'm too burned out on new themes to care. You people can do what you want. I'm sticking with Summertime."

"Daarkseid.
Style: Attack of the Clones"
:eyebrow:

Originally posted by Daarkseid

I'm using the Attack of the Clones theme for now, however, since the logo looks pretty good and matches the set of colors...

Fiyerstorm
05-18-2002, 03:55 PM
Don't like Star Wars, but your theme colors are nice JJ :)

I like the Tenchi theme. It's cheery, the picute is good but it needs to be smaller.....but I'll get use to it...

Andy Dick
05-18-2002, 04:01 PM
i like this new theme
i like how theres new buttons hard to read some times tho