PDA

View Full Version : i cant make the item appear........

Hered Theros
05-17-2002, 06:56 PM
:confuse2: I can't seem to make the item appear in the special item room in my dungeon, so that I can obtain it. Secondly, when I enter that room, I can't get out again. Can someone PLEEEZE help me?:confuse2:

JayeM
05-17-2002, 07:46 PM
The answer to this one is pretty complicated, but it's covered thoroughly in AlphaDawg's Tutorial (http://zqtutorial.armageddongames.com/) with pictures and everything. Check it out.

Hered Theros
05-17-2002, 08:30 PM
:cry: :cry: I have fixed the item appearing problem, but when you make the warp, and press "GO" to test it, it works.....and then when I go to test it by playing in ZC, it doesent work the same way. When I go to enter, Link™ walks across the room, through the east wall, and into the item room, going through the west brick wall. When I try and exit the item room, it fades out, and then fades in again, still in the item room. The tutorial is not helping me in fixing these problems.......:cry: :cry:

Cloral
05-17-2002, 08:43 PM
What type of room are you using?

Hered Theros
05-17-2002, 08:47 PM
I am using a special Item room

Praethus
05-17-2002, 09:37 PM
What did you set the tilewarp as?

Hered Theros
05-17-2002, 09:53 PM
I set the tile warp type as cave/item room.

Praethus
05-17-2002, 09:58 PM
Maybe if you posted a few screenshots, it would be easier to figure out...

JayeM
05-17-2002, 10:19 PM
when you make the warp, and press "GO" to test it, it works..... Something wrong there. You don't go when you try to test an item room. As a matter of fact, you don't set the tile warp at all, just set the room type as Special Item. Are you putting the item room in Screen 80?

Hered Theros
05-17-2002, 10:24 PM
yes i am....and.....you know what......i think i found my own solution......i had one of the blue square tags, the one that tells it where link ends up when he exits. i had it on the top of the enter/exit ladder, and it caused a loop of entering and re-entering....... i feel dumb as a jawa now....:darkmage:

JayeM
05-17-2002, 10:26 PM
It's all right, jawas are cool. :)

supertails2001
05-18-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Hered Theros
When I go to enter, Link™ walks across the room, through the east wall, and into the item room, going through the west brick wall. When I try and exit the item room, it fades out, and then fades in again, still in the item room. The tutorial is not helping me in fixing these problems.......:cry: :cry:
:laughing: Link™. Available in three heroic colors. :laughing:
I love it!
j\k
Were the Green and Blue Squares set? What did the room look like?

I know you problem's already been solved, just making sure I don't have to worry about it.