PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Everything can and will kill you

Toolie
05-17-2002, 03:55 PM
As most of you might now know, high-carbohydrate foods like cooked breads, potato chips, and potatoes have a high amount of a chemical called Acrylamide, which is cancerous (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=585&e=2&cid=585&u=/nm/20020517/sc_nm/food_health_cancer_dc_2).

We already know this chemical is cancerous and is highly regulated... for example, we can have one milligram per liter of water ( I believe ). However, a serving of frenched fries has sometiems over 1000 times that limit.

The solution, of course, would be to eat a natural diet; as I have advocated for a long time. Not only would this be the perfect diet, but it would avoid things such as this. The more you manipulate a food or groups of foods, the more you make it unhealthy and make it lose its nutrients.

For example, cooking a steak and eating it is fairly healthy. You get alot of nutrients and its safe and healthy. However, harvesting grain, processing it, mixing it with other processed ingredients, mixing with fungus, baking, and eating to make bread is a series of complicated procedures that makes the primary ingredients lose their nutritional value - and now apparantly can cause cancer.

The more naturally you live, the healthier you live. Modern humans have existed for millions of years naturally, but only until the past few thousand years have we started to do advanced things... and these advanced things are really starting to hurt us.. obesity, cancer, etc...

Leading a more natural life helps out alot... even with your hair! :)

inori
05-17-2002, 04:04 PM
:rolleyes:

Water will kill you if you get too much of it.

Toolie
05-17-2002, 04:05 PM
...and if you don't get enough of it... oh so complicated :P

Rainman
05-17-2002, 04:26 PM
I saw a TV program before that said two things make us grow old: food and oxygen. This is ironic because you can't live without them. Oxygen is actually poisonous to an extent and damages us little by little. Food almost always contains some kind of poisons. Also, all the years of food processing evetually deteriorates the system. So, to live longer just hold your breath and never eat. :D

Dechipher
05-17-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by inori

Water will kill you if you get too much of it.

What? Whachoo talking about? It won't kill you ,persay, just fill your penis up a lot, until it bursts and you go to the hospital and when you get out, lo and behold, you are known as Gloria the Great.

inori
05-17-2002, 04:32 PM
Tell that to the woman who drowned a mile from my house.

Jigglysaint
05-17-2002, 04:34 PM
All things kill you, it can't be avoided. That is life, live(or die) with it. That's not to say that we should destroy ourselves with bad things or anything. I now have an interesting debate to disucss1

Paradox
05-17-2002, 04:45 PM
well, i might as well get my gravestone ready. don't expect me to live past about 30.. i will either get a heart attack or cancer...

Catalyst333
05-17-2002, 06:00 PM
True..I prolly have cancer right now...amoung other problems..I will not live past 30..I know this already..cause i don't want to be the old bitch in the wheelchair that lives in the scary house on the hill.....it might be fun though...who knows.

but I do know that milk is VERY bad...very very bad! As we are the only species that drinks another animals milk..when you think about it..it's very gross...

Catalyst

Mitsukara
05-17-2002, 06:06 PM
I saw a TV program before that said two things make us grow old: food and oxygen.
That's interesting... so to kill yourself, you could just hyperventilate solidly for a few years? Or, on the other hand, if you try to train yourself to hold your breath for a while after taking in each breath, you could extend your life?

MetaStaiford
05-17-2002, 06:46 PM
Of course everything can and will kill

thats what make us mortal, and evoloution a heartless bastard if the dice roll the wrong way.

make the most of the 20-100 years, and BE somebody.

i exercise regularly, eat almost perfectly, and generally avoid potential killers, not because i'm trying to avoid another reincarnation, but because when i end up about 80, if i end up that old, i'd still wanna be able to easily do everything i could in my 20s

Ich
05-17-2002, 07:02 PM
You know, when I was a morbid little kid, I played a game with my brothers occasionally. One person would think of something, and the other would think of how it could kill you. It got difficult for some, and very hypothetical (A grain of sand could kill you if it was flying towards your head at Mach 4).

Anyway, I try to remain fit, and healthy because I want to be able to be healthy when I'm older, and sex is better if you are in shape for it.

slothman
05-17-2002, 09:00 PM
On an episode of "Newsradio" a security consultant for Jimmy asked Dave for something on his desk that could NOT be used as a weapon. He pointed to a letter envelope, in which the consultant "threatened" Dave by putting it up to his neck.
Anyway I don't think Oxygen is poisonous per se. Only that it forms oxidants which, being ions, can be harmful. I would guess other gasses could do the same thing but we don't inhale them as much.

Andy Dick
05-18-2002, 05:03 PM
dont worry about chips and shit toolie worry about me killing you..

Toolie
05-18-2002, 06:06 PM
LOL! I'll wreck you at the convention! :)