PDA

View Full Version : i must realy be half stupid.. someone help me

HalfStupid
05-17-2002, 05:07 AM
ok, im new to ZC and ZQ so dont laugh.. when i go into ZC or ZQ my scree in about a half inch too far to the right and the rest of the screen laps over to the left (so like in ZQ some of the tiles are on the left sid of the screen) this wouldnt be much of a problem but to get to the tiles on the left i have to go to the far right...... its a pain in the ass.

its not my pixels or my screen position on my monitor, and it only does it in ZC or ZQ, is there any way i can adjust the screen position for ZC or ZQ

(P.S. This is my first post)

GuitarmanTim
05-17-2002, 05:16 AM
I'm afraid it really is a monitor settings thing :) every resolution has it's own placement, so don't think that if in windows you change the position, it will be right in ZC, because windows uses 800x600 or 1024x769 or bigger and ZC uses 640x430 or less. Just try changing it in ZC, it should stay good the next time you enter the resolution. Depending on your monitor you might need to save the settings somehow.

hope that helps, and just to let you know, sofar, your beeing a good noob ;) (no stupid question at least like "where is zelda!?!?")

:pimp:

Menokh
05-17-2002, 05:18 AM
Could we have some more info?

Like what version of Windows do you have?
What kind of video card do you have?
How big is your monitor?

GuitarmanTim
05-17-2002, 05:24 AM
Menokh, does that really help in figuring out how to help him :) his windows version/monitor/video card should really not have anything to do with the problem :)

Cyclone
05-17-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by GuitarmanTim
hope that helps, and just to let you know, sofar, your beeing a good noob ;) (no stupid question at least like "where is zelda!?!?")

Easy. She's in Ganon's captivity on Death Mountain. Go get her. :pimp:

Oh, wait. That's not the question.

Try adjusting your actual monitor outside of ZC/ZQ. Again, it's monitor settings; not even sound card related.

Cyclone

HalfStupid
05-17-2002, 12:35 PM
resolution isnt helping..

and menokh for your sick pleasure.... Windows ME, 24 inch flat screen monitor, and i dont remember the card

Raichu86
05-17-2002, 02:28 PM
Try adjusting the settings on your monitor, as was suggested.

My flat monitor doesn't require adjustments, it does them itself automatically, so everything always fits on screen perfectly. :D

Menokh
05-17-2002, 03:12 PM
Yes sometomes that info helps.
I know of people who had similar problems with ZQuest and it was caused by their monitor.

After reading the specs, it sounds like a monitor setting.

HalfStupid
05-17-2002, 04:03 PM
well its not my monitor settings...... i also noticed it didnt mess up in AGsetup...... i just dont get it..........