PDA

View Full Version : could i

link182
05-15-2002, 08:04 PM
could i make a horse for link to ride on?
if so how?

JayeM
05-15-2002, 08:12 PM
No, that's not possible yet. Have you tried the Tutorial yet?

link182
05-15-2002, 08:17 PM
how about new characters

C-Dawg
05-15-2002, 08:19 PM
Link. Please put something sharp and burning in your mouth and chew.

Anyway... yes, you can make a horse. You're gonna have to use the swimming tiles to do it, and you dont know enough about Zelda Classic for me to explain exactly how to do it, but that should get you started.

You can make other characters in the sense that you can make custom tiles and use warps to have Link interact with them. Thats about the extent of it.

-C

link182
05-15-2002, 09:50 PM
how do i use warps to inter act?

thats a new comer for u

itschris
05-15-2002, 09:53 PM
Link, have you read the tutorial yet? It would make things easier for all of us.

plith
05-15-2002, 09:54 PM
Here's a grand idea. How about we boycott answering his questions for a little while and promote a little creativity?

JayeM
05-15-2002, 09:56 PM
Warps are explained in the tutorial.

C-Dawg, I know a little about ZC, could you explain to me about the horse thing. Seems like if you use the swimming tiles you could only ride the horse on water...looking as if the horse were walking on the water...

DarkSFK
05-15-2002, 10:05 PM
JayeM, no you could make the 'water' tiles appear as something else, like grass. Just make the grass tile a water combo. MAke the flippers something like a saddle. That's all there is to it.

Nick
05-15-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by itschris
Link, have you read the tutorial yet? It would make things easier for all of us.

I agree with that.

Also, making the titles of your topics related to the question catches interest faster. It is a known fact. ;)

I've seen too many "what about" , "where can I find" and "could i" topics. Not trying to be mean or anything. Just a suggestion that will help you in the long run. ;)

Anyway, the flippers can do stuff like that if you are willing to not use water in dungeons and caves like you normally would.

link182
05-15-2002, 10:15 PM
YES I HAVE REEAD THE TUTORIAL!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I HAVE A BAD MEMORY I AM ALSO NEW SO BUG OFF AND AT LEAST YOU COULD GIVE ME LESSONS KINDA LIKE JAYEM IS DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!

:MAD:

THANX JAYEM

Nick
05-15-2002, 10:21 PM
You should have answered the first time. I wasn't trying to make you mad. Cool down.

Basically, you have to know how to use Dmaps to make proper warps. Like JayeM said, the tutorial explains it.

Edit: You can have the tutorial open in one window while Zquest is running. You use the windows button to switch between each.

C-Dawg
05-15-2002, 10:48 PM
To be fair, that doesnt really explain how to use warps to interact with PEOPLE.

What I'm talking about, little gay link, is a setup like this. Draw yourself a person in the tile editor. Give him a big smile, like he just ate a cake, or a cock, whichever you prefer. Maybe make some animation so he dances or takes off his pants. Put him on the screen (either on the screen like any other tile, or on a higher layer). Then put STAIR combos that look like regular grass next to him. Have them INSTA-WARP link to a screen identical to the one the guy was on, except on this one have some text display. Then make sure wherever Link warps to on this screen, he can warp back to the one he came from.

Oh, and remember to make strings display you need to set a Guy, and be on a Dmap of level 1 or greater, cave or dungeon.

Need further clarification? Play around with Zquest. Or with matches.

-C

link182
05-15-2002, 10:53 PM
HOW DO I MAKE HIM DANCE?

still mad :mad:

itschris
05-15-2002, 11:01 PM
To "MAKE HIM DANCE" you have to make animated tiles. To do this, make multiple tiles laid out next to each other. Make the first tile in the sequence a combo, and define how many frames of animation there are (one frame for each tile in the animation), and the speed. The first tile in the animated sequence will be the one that you choose, and the animation will play to the right for the specified amount of frames. When it reaches the last frame, the animation will repeat.

link182
05-15-2002, 11:04 PM
how do i set the speed and define the frames?

:mad:

itschris
05-15-2002, 11:09 PM
To do that, right click on a combo (the list of tiles on the right side of the screen) and this box will show up:

http://chrisarmsapartment.homestead.com/files/animate.jpg

A. Frames is where you enter the amount of frames, and A. Speed is where you enter the speed. For the speed, the higher the number, the slower the speed. Oh, and you have to be using a version of 1.92 to animate tiles.

The Savior
05-16-2002, 08:06 AM
I'm sorry, but damn near all your questions are things that could be found by yourself if you'd spend 30 seconds looking for them. And print stuff out if you have a bad memory.

C-Dawg
05-16-2002, 09:22 AM
Yea, I get the distinct impression this guy's mom still holds his hand during dangerous activities like crossing the street, going to the supermarket, and taking a dump.

-C

K-Teclis
05-16-2002, 10:19 AM
Link... you should try to understand the tutorial, make some practice and then ask! And please try to ask more exactly what you want and not like: How do I make Link dance??