PDA

View Full Version : how do i

link182
05-15-2002, 06:11 PM
how do i i make an item that looks like its there but link can only go through it? and how do i add new items in my game that i made custom? how do i make a chest for items? how do i add enemy s to my game that i made custom?

:poke:

:flushtoilette:

Dechipher
05-15-2002, 06:17 PM
make a tile that looks like the item, and put it as a grass tile.
the only way to make customitems is custom tiles
same for enemies

link182
05-15-2002, 06:42 PM
how do i put it as a grass tile?

Immortal Warrior
05-15-2002, 06:45 PM
To make a chest:
1. Make 2 tiles, chest locked, and chest open
2. Make those into combos. The closed chest needs to be fully unwalkable and set to type "slash", and the open chest needs the bottom half walkable, and the top half unwalkable.
3. Place the locked chest combo in the room you'd like it
4. Set the room type to "Special Item" and the Sp. Item to the object you'd like to place in the chest
5. Place an "Armos > Item" flag on your locked chest. (Don't ask why, just do it)
6. Set the under combo in that room to the open chest combo
7. All done, but make sure you dont have cutable bushes or pushable blocks in that room, as they'll leave open chests underneath them

link182
05-15-2002, 06:54 PM
how do i set the tile as a grass one and how do i change it to slash and walkable, unwalkable, ect....

Immortal Warrior
05-15-2002, 07:19 PM
Well. If you right click on a combo. You can set the combo type in the big selection box. The Walkabiltiy of a tile is determined by the color of the 4 squares in the first small box at the top of the dialogue. Pink = Unwalkable, Grey = Walkable. The color of each quarter of the square changes when you click on it, thus walkability of each quarter is toggled on and off. For the chests, you want the locked one to be set so it is all unwalkable (ie click all 4 quarters so as they become pink) and for the open chest do that to the top half of the tile

Jigglysaint
05-15-2002, 10:58 PM
This is not the right forum for this question. You want the Zquest editor help forum.

People have been making threads in the wrong forums lately. If push comes to shove, somthing will have to be done.

K-Teclis
05-16-2002, 10:23 AM
Making custom enemies is hard and need some skill in zquest.
And from what I've seen you have not the right skill to make this. You should try to practice warping and the use of dmaps to solve such a hard thing as custom enemies...
Before trying that, study the tutorial!