PDA

View Full Version : AG's New Assistant Webmaster

Toolie
05-14-2002, 11:29 PM
...would be me :)

Instead of making this topic into a bunch of "congratz" and "boos", I want some more suggestions for the main page. I'm going to be fairly inactive from the end of May until June 6th as I have finals. But I want to get some things done before then.

First off, the image logos for the games page and each individual game's page. I'm working on that ( It should look really good too :) )

And the News Staff... I'm really optimistic to see the News Staff put to work somehow, and I'm not sure what War Lord has planned so any suggestions would be appreciated.

And I'm not sure about the Karma, Bitch! 404 page... up to WL :)

If you have any other ideas or suggestions, please post! :)

KJAZZ
05-15-2002, 12:57 AM
Dear god, he's an admin. *hides*

No suggestions really, just a congrats, but a suggestion...hmm, I suppose you could add more screenshots to the ZC section and a link to the ZC part of the forums directly? Dunno..

So I'll end the post with a toolie time line that is not entirely accurate, but its close enough..

TOOLIE TIME LINE:
Newbie--> Member--> Moderator--> Member--> Banned--> Member--> Banned--> Member --> Moderator--> Member--> Banned--> Member--> Admin--> ???

EDIT: bah, you have a link to the ZC forums. By screenshots, I mean custom quests, not just the 1st couple of quests, like Newfirst, BS, maybe R2, and such..:blah:
EDIT2: typo. :blah:

J.J. Maxx
05-15-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by KJAZZ
TOOLIE TIME LINE:
Newbie--> Member--> Moderator--> Member--> Banner--> Member--> Banned--> Member --> Moderator--> Member--> Banned--> Member--> Admin--> ???

LMAO!!! I'm puttin' that in my sig!

It's sad that he had to make him an admin to do stuff to the main page.

Overlord
05-15-2002, 01:19 AM
I'm wondering why!? There are plenty of Admins as is who have decent web building skills, or failing that, S Mods.

I'm confused.

But anyway, I guess congrats are in order. And that timeline looks pretty accurate to me ;)

Daarkseid
05-15-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Overlord
I'm wondering why!? There are plenty of Admins as is who have decent web building skills, or failing that, S Mods.

Its because Toolie offered his services to AG for more than just forum maintenance, and Warlord gave him a job. Toolie's been at his job for nearly a week now, I don't see why you all mind his adminship... his stint as a moderator of GD went off without incident.

slothman
05-15-2002, 01:40 AM
A suggestion I have is to use the member theme you use on the forums also on the home page. It just looks wierd going from a black main page to a white forum.

Brasel
05-15-2002, 01:47 AM
Is this for real this time?

Cyclone
05-15-2002, 01:50 AM
Hmm, this does seem odd. Why does Toolie have to be made an admin. just for working on the main page? We have, like, 12 admins. around here now. Maybe I lost count.

Cyclone

Cronic
05-15-2002, 02:35 AM
Jesus...

I spoke with Toolie on the phone the other day and I think he's a helluva guy.

In all honesty I'm GLAD he was the next admin here, and he's done much work on the main page.

You guys really shouldn't be so suprised.

Drunken Tiger
05-15-2002, 03:09 AM
Oh great.. Here we go again..

Toolie this Toolie that.. I mean whats wrong with Toolie.. Sure he has bee banned but whos to say he ahsnt been a good member since...;)

Good job toolie!!:thumbsup:

GuitarmanTim
05-15-2002, 05:40 AM
I'm with DT on this one :), now for some suggestions:

FIRST thing you NEED to get onto is making some better buttons for the forums. I mean, cmon, AGN just ain't AGN with the "default" *shivers* buttons :scared:
The rest is pretty much up to you ;)

Drunken Tiger
05-15-2002, 05:51 AM
And now that you are Admin Toolie.. You reckon you can put up some of the new themes??

*hint hint* JJ's.....:rolleyes:

MrCow
05-15-2002, 06:50 AM
wow congrats it seems you have to be banned at least once to get a spot as a mod or admin in this place j/kj/k

Darunia
05-15-2002, 07:13 AM
Sure that now that's TRUE? :eyebrow:

Damn, it is....

Toolie
05-15-2002, 07:15 AM
Yeah I have to read on how to upload the themes. It doesn't seem to difficult and I couold probably do it tonight.

As for making selectable themes for the main page... it's possible, I admit. But it also would be incredibally difficult, seeing as how as of now we are using nothing but standard html and Server Side Includes. I'm not sure if we will ever do it, but if I can think of an easy way, I might. But for now, that theme will be the only one kept in place for them main page. Sorry :(

As for links to quests... I don't know how often you guys churn out quests, but maybe something similar to Blizzard's "Map of the Week", I could have a link on their to AG's "Quest of the Week" or Month, depeneding on how often you guys make quests. Now I couldn't judge what is good material or not, that's your job :)

Drunken Tiger
05-15-2002, 07:54 AM
Thanks man!!!:thumbsup:

See everybody he's already taking his job SERIOUSLY!!

Mak-X
05-15-2002, 09:13 AM
Boo!

Bloodstar64
05-15-2002, 01:56 PM
Toolie?!? An admin?!? Now thats just scary :eek: j/k

congrats Toolie. Hope you make agn a living hell hole :D

jman2050
05-15-2002, 02:51 PM
Hmm. Toolie an admin. This might turn out to be rather interesting, seeing his ahem... record. Still, i believe you can do a good job and will support your efforts all the way.

Just please find something for us poor News Staff to do :cry: .

Hermit
05-15-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

Its because Toolie offered his services to AG for more than just forum maintenance, and Warlord gave him a job. Toolie's been at his job for nearly a week now, I don't see why you all mind his adminship... his stint as a moderator of GD went off without incident.

His moderation of GD went off without incident, thats' true. But then again... they don't really do anything in GD either, except maybe Mott a little. It's usually the Sr. Mods who come in and clean up GD, along with the rest of the forums, leaving the rest to sit back and coast ;)

Not that that's a bad thing, nor am I complaining at all. The only forums I've seen where forum moderators take an active role in moderation are the hosted forums, ZC, and New Members forum. Other than that it's really all Sr. Mods doing everything it seems. It's just kinda hard to have an incident when you don't need to do much, if anything ;)

In which case, I might as well go ahead and say I think there are too many mods in my opinion, but maybe that's just me :shrug:

I can think of a few right off who are barely even "active", posting maybe once a month or something, which would seem rather odd since their job to to overlook and watch their respective forums :odd:

As far as Toolie goes though, I don't mind what he's doing one bit. The main page as well as the ZC homepage need an overhaul anyway, so if he wants to do it, then more power to ya man. I'm all for it ;)

Cronic
05-15-2002, 03:24 PM
Well if Jarrod would ever get back to me and give me the go ahead I sent him several ideas for ZC.com (after he appointed me the webmaster spot) and he has as of yet to get back to me... Chat is the only place I know of to find him, but I can't really go into chat all that often...

We'll see, but yes the overhaul of ZC.com has been given a lot of thought. All I need is the ok and I can make it happen.

Toolie
05-15-2002, 03:42 PM
Call up WL and inquire... fastest way to get things done if you can't get ahold of him via chat or PM's...

Try sometime this evening ( EDT )

Cronic
05-15-2002, 03:57 PM
Well I'm awaiting a pm reply and chat isn't an option since I can't install Irc or run anything java =(

Call? Hell if I could I would, but I haven't his number... give him mine though if you see him I guess.

Daarkseid
05-15-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
Well I'm awaiting a pm reply and chat isn't an option since I can't install Irc or run anything java =(

Call? Hell if I could I would, but I haven't his number... give him mine though if you see him I guess.

You could also try E-mailing him if nothing else prevails.

Dechipher
05-15-2002, 05:38 PM
Dear god, PLEASE put the News Staff to work!!! PLEASE!!! We are bored OUT OF OUR SKULLS!!!!

Paradox
05-15-2002, 09:08 PM
so if you aren't in your skull, where are you? lol

congrats toolie, do a good job *starts praying that toolie doesn't screw up again*

AlexMax
05-15-2002, 09:11 PM
I'm assuming that this is not a joke, like it was last time.

Congratulations Toolie. ^_^

MrCow
05-15-2002, 09:23 PM
GO TOOLIE GO GO GO TOOLIE Ok now then I have a suggestion can you put up a mpeg of me and moocow;)

The Silent Assassin
05-16-2002, 10:37 PM
I would have thought Breaker would be a more able person, since I have actually seen his work and he gets paid...

KJAZZ
05-16-2002, 11:43 PM
I would imagine a lot more people wouldn't agree with you TSA, but I don't really care, myself..;)

Breaker
05-19-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
I would have thought Breaker would be a more able person, since I have actually seen his work and he gets paid...

Toolie's been helping with adding content and such to the main website, not necessarily creating layouts and so forth. I would be more then willing to help anybody out on their websites, though.

Zeo
05-20-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
Jesus...

I spoke with Toolie on the phone the other day and I think he's a helluva guy.

In all honesty I'm GLAD he was the next admin here, and he's done much work on the main page.

You guys really shouldn't be so suprised.

DC.......I know you think you know better then us, and you can keep that attitude since your an S-Mod..

But we are in shock becuase Toolie has been banned several times (a few before we knew you were here), has attacked members via Instant Messanger, and at times has totally SPAM/Flamed the forums up and down.

Don't take this as a Flame, but this is as big a shock to us as if Big Joe was made an Admin.

Cronic
05-20-2002, 01:47 PM
Zeo, ever stop to think that maybe War Lord doesn't follow along with all the bs KTC thinking that you think should be impossed on us all here at AG?

Breaker
05-20-2002, 02:50 PM
If you have a problem with Toolie take it elsewhere where we can ignore it. This thread is for congratulating Toolie on his position and what not. (Some of you seem to think it's a "let's bring up all the old shit Toolie did and argue about it" thread. It is not)

Cronic
05-20-2002, 02:52 PM
Ahh breaker, you should know by now that official announcements is merely a name given to the forum where people bitch about everything the admins do for us ;)

Zeo
05-20-2002, 03:09 PM
You made a point out of it DC, so I siad it.

I'm not saying Toolie shouldn't be an Admin, I'm saying you shouldn't be surprised that we are.

And if you guys wish to make another rejioner like the first, you are right about it being better off in KTC.

Cronic
05-20-2002, 06:48 PM
Bah, keep your ktc away please... and the only reason I could see not having Toolie as an admin is because we really could use more admins willing to do actual board maintenence.

I find it cruel that Shadowblazer, and war lord get the brunt of that when there is a wealth of willing talent out there.

Tygore
05-26-2002, 08:49 PM
Something like this happens every time I go on vacation.

EVERY SINGLE *#%&ING TIME!

In the interest of national security...

I'll never leave again.

Michaelk88
06-26-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by KJAZZ

TOOLIE TIME LINE:
Newbie--> Member--> Moderator--> Member--> Banned--> Member--> Banned--> Member --> Moderator--> Member--> Banned--> Member--> Admin-->
--> Member

Dechipher
06-26-2002, 11:59 PM
keen observation there...
:)

Toolie
06-03-2006, 02:25 AM
He rises again, soon!

Cronic
06-03-2006, 02:31 AM
Lol welcome back kotter ;)

KJAZZ
06-03-2006, 06:47 AM
Wow, I don't even remember this thread at all, except for that timeline I made. Still..

ctrl-alt-delete
06-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Wow...now THAT was a bump.

Working on the main site again, huh?

If you are, I have a few plans that would definitely help with news/reviews. :)

Toolie
06-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Taking suggestions!

Dechipher
06-03-2006, 06:03 PM
...we have a main page?
Just kidding. Congrats. No suggestions here. Except that I remember being on News Staff, but I never did anything worthwhile, so I suggest you don't let me return. :P

goKi
06-03-2006, 07:09 PM
...we have a main page?
Just kidding. Congrats. No suggestions here. Except that I remember being on News Staff, but I never did anything worthwhile, so I suggest you don't let me return. :P

He bumped up an old thread from 2002, he's not a webmaster. He was drunk off his ass last night, and i've got a drunken call to Australia he placed to prove it.

Dechipher
06-03-2006, 08:44 PM
*sigh* duped again.
I thought this looked familiar. Can't believe I didn't look at the date. Or realize that I'd already posted here. Twice. And that I was retarded.

cyberkitten
06-03-2006, 11:40 PM
he's not a webmaster. He was drunk off his ass last night, and i've got a drunken call to Australia he placed to prove it.

i lub j00 goki baby

Cronic
06-03-2006, 11:51 PM
well ...can';t we just have a drunken web master? Could be fun :shrugg: