PDA

View Full Version : how do i turn music into Midi's?

link182
05-14-2002, 10:04 PM
how do i turn a song into a Midi?

Raichu86
05-14-2002, 10:23 PM
I suggest you learn how to play the piano and get a digital keyboard. Otherwise, you could search for an audio to MIDI convertor, but they all suck, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Jigglysaint
05-14-2002, 10:46 PM
You have to compose midis, there is not converter. There are programs that can do this, but the sound is utterly messed. There's one for GYM files, and maybe one for NSF. I saw a WAV one that costs money.

Anyway, this is a question for the Developer's exchange. From now on, please post these questions in the right forum, okay? Topci moved.

Cyclone
05-15-2002, 02:10 AM
Actually, JS, this isn't even one for the ZC forums. Note what it is. It belongs in General Gaming Discussion.

Heck, it doesn't even totally belong there. But seems like the best place to me, regardless. If a S. Mod. objects, it can be moved back here, or even elsewhere.

Cyclone

Cronic
05-15-2002, 02:29 AM
Cyclone... Midis are used in ZC. Link182 here is a ZC user, and what the hell do midis even have to do with gaming discussion.

Moving back>>>>>

Cyclone
05-15-2002, 02:32 AM
Shrugs.

Fine. I won't object. But this still isn't a pure ZC topic, IMO.

Cyclone

inori
05-15-2002, 07:14 AM
Gee, musical topic ... in more ways than one.

[ducks as audience throws things]

Hey, I couldn't resist. :kawaii:

Cronic
05-15-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone
Shrugs.

Fine. I won't object. But this still isn't a pure ZC topic, IMO.

Cyclone

It involves the need for a resource pertaining to ZC.

as for midi convewrters though... most really do suck so you may have o find someone to make them or find ones pre made.

Hermit
05-15-2002, 03:13 PM
Ok, here's how it works boys and girls:

There is no program that can efficiently turn a wav or mp3 into a midi file UNLESS it only has 1 instrument in it.

Those programs are made to read the different frequencies of each note, instrument, and pitch, and there has never been one that can do that effectively with multiple instrument sound files.

All you'll get is a bunch of crap that sounds nothing like the song you tried to convert. Your only option for multiple instrument sound files is to hand it off to somebody so they can rewrite it in midi format. Or find an existing midi of it already on the net somewhere. Otherwise you'll just have to do without ;)

Dechipher
05-15-2002, 06:24 PM
This COULD go to MM, but that's just a suggestion....:p

link182
05-19-2002, 06:38 PM
how about i just go to the midi shop at AbsoluteZeldaClassic.com

DragonFang
05-21-2002, 11:17 AM
What about music match? the full verson can change any music file to midi, mp3 others and even can burn to a disk and the songs will play in any normal cd player!