PDA

View Full Version : message board history

itschris
05-14-2002, 07:29 PM
What are the message boards you used to post/currently post at?

For me, it was Blueprint back in early 2000 when our family got a home computer (it's a site for an object editor for The Sims). After that, I posted at the Well Dressed Sim message board, a fansite for the sims.

At WDS I formed a clique with around 10 people (mostly female). I made my own message board and we posted there. Around 20 others joined our group (that posted there often.)

My first game-related message board was the IGN Boards before IGN Insider reared its ugly head. After that I went to Cloudchaser (now Xengen). Then I stumbled across this place.

The group I talked to moved away from focusing on The Sims after we posted at my message board. Early this year, we moved to another Ezboard (one of the people in our group paid for the better version without ads) for privacy issues.

So, that's my message board history, now let's hear yours! :tongue:

Seigeless
05-14-2002, 07:34 PM
My first experiance with messageboards was posting and reading really interesting stories at www.unsolvedmysteries.com (I'm still posting there now). I was also a head moderator for GRA Games Forum last year, but it was a pity that the website was forced to shut down because the owner can't pay for the extra needed space. after drifting around awhile, I landed here, hoping to establish new life. That is about all... :)

MegaMan3000
05-14-2002, 07:35 PM
Gameglow - My first forum ever
Various other forums i visted sometimes
Zelda Portal - where I am now.
AGN - where i also am now

Jigglysaint
05-14-2002, 08:06 PM
My history: AGN, 'nuff said. This is my first message board.

theplustwo
05-14-2002, 10:08 PM
same as Jiggly, this is the only place I post at, except I posted once at vcdhelp.com forums :P

Drunken Tiger
05-14-2002, 10:12 PM
I post everywhere but not in those ZC forums...:shrug:

Never understood that game...

Darunia
05-15-2002, 07:21 AM
I post, actually, in AGN, Pokemon Crystal Gym (http://pub94.ezboard.com/bpkmncg) and my own board, Nintendogreat (http://pub45.ezboard.com/bnintendogreatforum)

I also posted in Smashboards (From smashworld.org), Rainbow resort(Kirby games) and HTLOZ boards(Until they went down, was my first board,m AGN second)