PDA

View Full Version : DDX Vs. Cats

DarkDragoonX
05-14-2002, 12:29 AM
(Okay, before I get flamed into a small piece of coal suitible for the BBQ, let me explain that I don't hate cats. In fact, I LOVE cats! Not that way, pervert, get your hands out of your pants! I swear, you people...

Anyway, I have two cats of my own, and I felt it was necessary to make this thread,m because no matter what we tell ourselves, the fact remains that cats are really nothing more than miniature human-maiming machines. You say you don't believe me? Well, let's look at the evidence:

First of all, go look at a cat. Now, assuming your cat is a standard model, it should have 6 ends. Normal enough, since it IS a four-legged creature. However, what you DON'T notice is that five of those aforementioned six ends have sharp, flesh-rending devices protruding from them. Sure, they may LOOK cute when they roll over and expose their furry little tummies, but they're just baiting you to get you to pet them between all five sharp ends, and then ROWR! You'll probably need a hand transplant.

Second, notice how the typical cat is up and about while you're sleeping. Sure, people truy to put that aside, telling themselves "it's just their natural sleep cycle." I think not. Do you know what they're doing when they scamper around at night? Do you? Neither do I. That's what makes it so scary. I am beginning to get suspicious though, ever since I found the Drano in my Corn Flakes.

Third, notice how much time they spend clawing at your recliner? Pay attention and you'll see that they particularly like to claw at your chair's LEG. One of the four supports that keeps your recliner from collapsing. They act like it's nothing important, but I know better. So, one day you're going to sit down and relax, and POW! Your chair collapses, burying you in a lethal pile of chair debris! Do you have any idea how many recliner-collapse deaths there are every year? Let me assure you, the figure is impressive.

Then, there's the master/servant angle. Yeah, it seems like you're the big guy, the head honcho. That's what they WANT you to think. Notic that when they meow at the door, you ALWAYS let them out r in. When they meow at their dish, you always fill it with food. Who's the REAL master? It seems obvious to me that cats are merely training us to be their domestic servants when they take control of the planet.

I'll answer a few questions you have, based on the ever-popular Q&A format:

Q. A hand transplant?

A. I wouldn't rule it out.

Q. How many recliner collapse deaths ARE there, anyway?

.A. Two. But they were very scary.

Q. What do you think of those hairless cats?

A. They must be eliminated.

Q. How much DO you love cats, anyway?

A. Well, I - HEY! I SAID TAKE YOUR HANDS OUT OF YOUR PANTS, DAMMIT!

Q. Why do cats hate loud noises?

A. Activate this emergency horn 5 inches away from your ear, then ask me that question again.

Q. Why do cats and dogs fight?

A. Because chickens don't have webbed feet.

Q. That makes no sense at all.

A. Well, you must have misunderstood your question.

That concludes this little topic. I'd love to write more, but Cotton wants outside.

Saffith
05-14-2002, 12:40 AM
One of my cats thinks hairballs and vomit are supposed to go on the rug. Every time he starts making those noises, I rush him over to the litterbox, hoping he'll eventually figure out that's a much better place. But then he just hops out and heads for the rug. I'm just sort of glad it's already a pretty nasty rug.
He's not a stupid cat, either. Quite the opposite, he's probably the smartest I've ever known. He even recognizes his name. He just can't figure out where to throw up.

itschris
05-14-2002, 12:43 AM
*reluctantly removes his hand from his pants*

Oh, and I like cats! But not if it puked on my rug...

Rijuhn
05-14-2002, 01:10 AM
Cats are tools of the devil. Dogs should rule the world. WWWWEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Cyclone
05-14-2002, 01:23 AM
We have one cute cat that came from the wild three years ago, at which time he was a defenseless kitten; we claimed it because we had disturbed the surroundings without knowing it was there, and determined that the mother wouldn't return to the disturbed surroundings. You should have seen my sister when I brought it into the house. "Sis, come here." "Why?" "Just come here." Oh, for crying out...ooh!" (followed by endless squeals of joy).

So we have that cat and another in the house, the older (female) who, it turns out, gave birth to many more that are decomposing in turn in the barn on our property. Well, I guess decomposing is the wrong word, but they do eventually die when they can't live any longer...right? (Yes, we feed them. Geesh.)

Cyclone

Menokh
05-14-2002, 01:41 AM
My kiten has given me plenty of scratches and cuts....
She also likes to eat cheese and carrots.
Right now she is on my shoulder thinking about leaping onto the computer desk.

Artevoi
05-14-2002, 07:17 AM
My family had a cat (named Shadow) once. Pissed on my Gameboy three times. Shitted on our table twice. Clawed our dog three times. I think my dad eventually shot the cat.

Jemsee
05-14-2002, 10:00 AM
Cats do have that "I rule and know so much more about the secerts of life than any other life form" attitude.
We lost one of our kitties, he has been gone about a month now.
I can only assume that he is gone to kitty heven.
Unless of corse he went out to recrute an army and is now headed for Warshington DC to take over the world.
You never know.

satanman
05-14-2002, 11:49 AM
I've got 2 cat's, one, male one, is a big fluffy wimp (If his sister and him want the same thing, she gets it)
The other (his sister) is a small rat-type thing (dribbles on my bed and/or hand, urinates on the kitchen floor, which is lino, fortuanately), her fur isn't as nice as Rex's (the other one)
But shes supressed her violant tendancies towards people.

neither of them claw chair legs, but they do claw table lags and soft chairs untill the wood is exposed

Selah
05-14-2002, 06:09 PM
My cat (B.C.) is a big monster that is 17 years old! It is called BC (and no not the time period) because on his first day at home when we got him he pissed on the carpet clawed the dog scrached my sister and was asleep in the dinner before anyone could stop him. he has slowed down now. he doesnt kill dogs anymore. Im proud of my cat. survival of the fittest heh that guy didnt know what he was talking about!

Dechipher
05-14-2002, 06:30 PM
BC tried to rape me!!! I was sleeping at Selah's house, and I wake up, and what do I see? A big ole furball with a fifth leg!!! Add that to your list, DDX

Triffid
05-14-2002, 06:36 PM
Hmm, one of my cats has been using laundry baskets as it's upstairs litter box. No one ever sees which cat is doing it, so we can't even scold them (like they'd listen).

I guess cats are evil, but they're cute evil, like mini-me.

Cyclone
05-15-2002, 12:43 AM
Heh, one of the two cats from above leisurely strides into my room, finds the most convenient item on the floor, and promptly urinates. Occasionally, I have caught her in the act, and gone so far as to force her to stick her note into it, at which point it was clear to her that she had been a bad kitty

Needless to say, I didn't treat her well whenever she did her mating act (I think they do it as a mating ritual, and you do NOT want to have this cat around when she is "in heat").

Cyclone

cyberkitten
05-15-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Cyclone
Heh, one of the two cats from above leisurely strides into my room, finds the most convenient item on the floor, and promptly urinates.

glad to see i'm not paying her for nothing. next time she's pissing on your drawers, tell her payday has been moved to tuesday :D

Cyclone
05-15-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by cyberkitten
glad to see i'm not paying her for nothing. next time she's pissing on your drawers, tell her payday has been moved to tuesday :D

All right, I'll keep that in mind. :laughing:

Cyclone