PDA

View Full Version : Opera problem

Artevoi
05-13-2002, 08:24 PM
I've been using the Opera internet browser for a few weeks now, and it's been working great until today. For some reason it has stopped loading the backgrounds to any page I visit and instead shows a solid white background. When I right click and go to the background sub-menu it still says "Show Background" as if it were still loading the BG. :confuse2:

AlexMax
05-13-2002, 08:36 PM
There is a row of four buttons that is next to the URL input bar.

Click the third one. You accidently put it on 'author mode'. I prefer that mode (less load on my crappy computer), but oh well...

Artevoi
05-13-2002, 08:44 PM
That worked, Thanks!

I have no idea how that was turned on, oh well.

Selah
05-14-2002, 12:29 AM
What is an opera Browser and how much faster will the thingy go if you turn it on author mode?

Menokh
05-14-2002, 01:47 AM
www.opera.com

It is a web browser that is generally faster than IE or Netscape.
And author mode is simply not allowing the web page to display it's own fonts, colors, and other stuff; it is usually alot faster than normal mode.
I use Opera for everything now, it is awesome.

vegeta1215
05-14-2002, 11:06 AM
I only wish they would separate the colors and the fonts. So instead of having a check box for "Use your own colors and fonts", have a separate one each, "Use your colors" and "Use your fonts"

I can't remember if I sent that suggestion in...maybe.

theplustwo
05-14-2002, 03:22 PM
opera rox0rz, its much faster than IE, never crashes, and doesn't clutter up your desktop with 700 open windows. It costs money to remove the ad browser, but that's easy enough to work around ;)

Starkist
05-14-2002, 03:29 PM
I would like author mode more if it showed backgrounds. I like backgrounds. :)

At least opera shows the background even if images are off, unlike IE.

Masamune
05-14-2002, 03:35 PM
yeah. backrounds kick ass.

vegeta1215
05-14-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by fmehmobile
opera rox0rz, its much faster than IE, never crashes, and doesn't clutter up your desktop with 700 open windows. It costs money to remove the ad browser, but that's easy enough to work around ;)

My Linux version of Opera 6.0 has been crashing a lot in the latest version, but it is only a beta. I contacted Opera about the crashing bugs, and they replied to me telling me how to collect crash data for them! I did, and happily sent it back. Hopefully the next beta (or full version, fingers crossed) of Opera 6.0 for Linux is better.

theplustwo
05-14-2002, 05:06 PM
kinda like the 'talkback' thing in mozilla

vegeta1215
05-14-2002, 08:24 PM
Well Mozilla is open source. Having people point out bugs is the whole point.

Opera is closed source. They do have a "report a bug" thing, and that's what I did. I was just surprised to get an email back from one of their personel. :D