PDA

View Full Version : Selecting new tiles.

Dragonlord
05-13-2002, 05:04 PM
Hello everyone,

As part of testing the further intricacies of ZeldaQuest after reading through AlphaDawg's tutorial, I've created a new "guy" tile on the tile page. A king :king: which looks quite nice for a first attempt.
But now I have this problem: I don't know how to select it to appear in my quest. :confused:
The cross from the tutorial was already there in the item list. I can't find anything like that for "guys". I don't want to erase Abei and replace him with my king.
I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Dragonlord

Verbatim
05-13-2002, 05:19 PM
The main way that people add "guys" to their quests is to erase one of the guys (it doesn't matter which one), and then make two tiles, each with half of the guy they want to appear. Create a Dmap of the "Cave" type, and set up your guy room in it. Then set the room type, select the invisible guy, and put the tiles you made for your guy in the room so that your new "guy" is where the official guy is supposed to be.

If you're using one of the new demos, you can put your guy's tiles on layer 1 or 2 and he/she/it will show up properly above whatever kind of floor you're using.

if you're using 1.90, you can use C to copy your guy and O to paste him on top of a tile the same as the background of your quest. O (paste over) lets the tile you're copying onto show through the parts of your tile which are clear. Your guy does have to be the same Cset as the background tile in that case though.