PDA

View Full Version : The oddest Zelda fan-game I've ever seen...

4matsy
05-12-2002, 03:12 PM
Mark Overmars is the author of a game creation kit called, simply, "Game Maker". On his website, there's a section showcasing about 8 or so pages full of the best games that Game Maker game authors have sent to him.

On one of those pages (http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/markov/gmaker/games_03.html) is a game called "Zeldarius". It's a vertically-scrolling spaceship shoot-'em-up, except that all the spaceships have been replaced by Zelda characters...:odd:

For the most part, the enemies and items act like their original counterparts, too. Heart containers allow you to hold more life, Octoroks spit rocks, Wizzrobes show up out of nowhere and fire magic blasts, Gibdo drops dynamite...er, wait a minute...:D

It's a bit short, but I found it to be quite addictive and funny. It's original, at any rate. :D

christiankhs
05-12-2002, 04:06 PM
is cool! but too hard .. too much enemies!....... is cool see legend of zelda in space
im in level 3.... how much missions have?

Masamune
05-12-2002, 04:58 PM
i got to the end of level 3. i couldn't figure out how to beat those stupid gohmas!

The Silent Assassin
05-12-2002, 07:32 PM
I got to Digdogger...heh...this aint' Zelda...

Masamune
05-12-2002, 07:44 PM
that's just an excuse for being beatin by masamune christiankhs!

The Silent Assassin
05-12-2002, 07:48 PM
Since when did Aquamentus turn into Gleeok 2!

Menokh
05-12-2002, 08:06 PM
Runs real well on ME... yep.....
I double click the program, and I start the game and Link imediatly moves up and to the left. I can't control heim after that.
I'll try this in Linux under WineX later, I hope it works.

4matsy
05-12-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
Since when did Aquamentus turn into Gleeok 2!
You were wondering about that too, huh? :D The funny part is, Gleeok 1 is a boss a few levels down the road...:laughing:

Originally posted by Masamune
i got to the end of level 3. i couldn't figure out how to beat those stupid gohmas!
Hit the Dodongos until they give up some bombs, then just bomb away. The Gohmas'll die eventually. :D

Originally posted by christiankhs
how much missions have?
5 regular levels, and then you fight Ganon all by himself on mission 6. It's one of those games that's hard at first, but once you get used to it, it seems too short...:shrug:

itschris
05-12-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Menokh
Runs real well on ME... yep.....
I double click the program, and I start the game and Link imediatly moves up and to the left. I can't control heim after that.
I'll try this in Linux under WineX later, I hope it works.

It runs fine for me, and I use Windows ME. :shrug:

The Silent Assassin
05-12-2002, 09:46 PM
I was never good at shooters where they "bull rush" you...I'm good at galaga...I tear that game up...but this was just rediculous.

Oh well, it's not Zelda, so I don't have to worry.

Masamune
05-13-2002, 05:36 PM
i did it! i beat that bad bitch into submission like that!