PDA

View Full Version : my computer is now unusable due to the keyboard port ripping off

jargon
05-12-2002, 03:28 AM
the keyboard port ripped off the back of my pc today.
now my computer is completely unsuable.
all it can do now is count how much ram it has and then tell me nothing is working. :(

Menokh
05-12-2002, 03:33 AM
Well salvage the hard drive.
That way you will not lose any data.

One thing I want to know is how did the keyboard port rip off?

The Silent Assassin
05-12-2002, 04:32 AM
Or you could get a new USB port...or if it is a parallel port...you can easily replace that.

Hermit
05-12-2002, 05:06 AM
For real dude. Take it down to some computer store and get it repaired for fucks sake ;) Those are easy as hell to replace.

jargon
05-13-2002, 06:36 PM
its one of those old big round 5 pins in a horse shoe style plug the reminiscient of a cigarette lighter from a car.

most of the board is fried anyways. the way the port got ripped off was becuase the case was built for a board with a ps/2 port not a bigass keyboard port... so unsightly 'modifications' had been made to the case when it got rebuilt, but this simply was a huge hole in the back for the port to stick out with nothing protecting it from being yanked on at a bad angle :(

the case is bad. its not airy enough so its easy to break stuff when working on it due to the lack of room. also i didnt have a floor mat over my carpet so it got static and fried the board maybe. :(

Masamune
05-13-2002, 06:58 PM
just get a new mother board and a USB mouse.

Seigeless
05-13-2002, 07:46 PM
its funny how we take thing for granted once, and how precious they seem to us when we lose it.

jargon
05-23-2002, 12:37 PM
im gonna unsubscribe to this thread now :) thanks for your support guys :)

AtmaWeapon
05-23-2002, 02:29 PM
I'd just resolder the port to the board. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes tops.