PDA

View Full Version : I might have to change something (lightworld.qst)

Orion
05-11-2002, 04:31 PM
I need to know if there would be any drastic conflicts with instead of giving the player the stepladder in level 4, giving them the flippers in level 4. The whole system would look and feel a lot better...

4matsy
05-11-2002, 07:21 PM
Well, it is supposed to be a remake...seeing as how you've already changed the graphics and levels quite a bit (from what I gather), I don't think giving out different items would be a problem. Heck, I was half-expecting you to give out some of the new items. :laughing:

Besides, it'd give the quest a "fresh new" feel, rather than a "just a remake, not much changed from the original, BOOOR-IIING" feel. :)

MountainDrew023
05-11-2002, 07:23 PM
I wouldn't mind.. I liked it when newfirst fixed had the new items. As long as you don't change it TOO much

Verbatim
05-11-2002, 07:34 PM
I wouldn't see any problem with putting in the flippers instead of the stepladder in a first quest remake, personally.

There might be technical issues to be addressed though...if you have both the raft and the flippers in the quest. If you aren't familiar with how that bug works, PM me and I'll give you the low-down...it seems the old thread in which I described how to aviod it got lost after the board outage, along with all the other topics in the bug forum.

Orion
05-11-2002, 09:33 PM
The only reason I want to change it is because everything looks really clunky with the stepladder. You can imagine trying to cross a Zelda 3-style river with a little dinky stepladder. The flippers open up a lot of possibilities.

And a correction: I haven't changed that much in the dungeons. Just a few cosmetic things here and there. I am saving a lot for the hidden dungeon (which I guarantee won't be easy to find). It will house a few of the new items as well, and the prize... well... "That's a secret to everybody."

Here, i'll tease yall with a little somethin I worked on today:
http://www.zelda-gaming.com/azc/uploads/lightworlda.gif

itschris
05-11-2002, 09:55 PM
Oooh, the sanctuary tiles. I'm looking forward to your remake, Orion.

DarkSFK
05-11-2002, 10:23 PM
Hey, ORion, could you post what oyu have done of the quest so far? I'd like to lok around.

DarkFlameWolf
05-11-2002, 10:58 PM
As long as you release the tileset after this is released, I'll be happy. :blah:

The Silent Assassin
05-12-2002, 12:26 AM
Naw, it wouldn't be that bad.