PDA

View Full Version : No Anonymizer in Sigs!

J.J. Maxx
05-11-2002, 01:50 AM
Geez, this is really bothering me. Everytime I load threads my browser gets stuck loading an image. And every time I look to see whats cloggin up my thread I'm trying to load it's always that friggin invis.anonymiser crap. :angry:

Can't you people find someone to host your pics instead of using that freakin thing? It really slows things down. :thumbsdn:

Menokh
05-11-2002, 01:52 AM
The resaon for this problem is that the anonymizer has horrid uptime. It loves to crash.

www.netfirms.com
Go there, sign up for the free service. Go to www.download.com and get FTP Explorer. Now upload your images to your netfirms account. As long as the image is under 255k you'll be fine.

Drunken Tiger
05-11-2002, 01:59 AM
If anyone wants me to upload anything just PM me.. Ill be gald to do it for you..;)

I know what you mean JJ this is really bad for those of us on 56k..:(

Sometimes i have to take out all the pics so it runs faster... But thats only on bad days...

Edit:oops I just realised im one of those ppl..:rolleyes:

Ill change it now..

Cronic
05-11-2002, 02:13 AM
homestead.com will offer you a free preview which will allow smooth image linking.

The Silent Assassin
05-11-2002, 05:15 AM
That's why things have been slow sometimes?

DsS Game
05-11-2002, 06:23 AM
I dunno i dont feel slow and i connect at crappy speeds.

Hermit
05-11-2002, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
homestead.com will offer you a free preview which will allow smooth image linking.

Not anymore they don't, from what I saw. There aren't anymore "free" hosting at homestead, I looked ;)

Go to the homepage and all it offers you are Personal (which you must pay for), and Professional (which you must also pay for). Every time you've mentioned a "preview" edition, I've never been able to find it :shrug:

Drunken Tiger
05-11-2002, 07:05 AM
You should use netfirms Hermit!! Its really easy and really good to use.. Plus its free..;)

GuitarmanTim
05-11-2002, 07:09 AM
I think Hermit is right, they seemed to have gotten rid of that, now it's just pay or get away.

Hermit
05-11-2002, 07:22 AM
I've have plenty of accounts DT I don't need to add more ;)

I think 3 is enough to suit me just fine, even if one of them requires the anonymizer :)

Darunia
05-11-2002, 07:47 AM
I'm switching to Netfirms, it's waaay better!:D

goKi
05-11-2002, 07:56 AM
yeah i agree, the anonymizer slows down the page loads.

switch to something that doesnt require it being used, which include most of the best free hosts, my personal choce being netfirms.

Jemsee
05-11-2002, 11:14 AM
Ok.
Parden me for being out of the loop.
But I was under the impression that this vB had to have the free anonymizer.
I'v looked at some of the images in this post and see that it is not there, only in Hermits did anonymizer show up.
In newbie central there is a thing on how to post an image using this thing. Is there a step by step for not using it.
Or am I makeing this hardder than it is.
I use geocities, but I am also setting up a site with my IP, they give me 10m with signup. can I link to a pic from there somehow?

Raichu86
05-11-2002, 11:37 AM
Yeah, my Opera tells me everything that's going on. Back when I viewed [img] images, I had to wait for those damn things. But now I don't view [img] images or avatars because I get 2KB a second, and it would take 10 minutes to load a single topic! :cry:

Overlord
05-11-2002, 11:41 AM
I used to use it before GU moved to a pay server. If anyone needs an image linked to I'd be glad to put it up on the Z2E section of the GU server. As long as it's not too large.

KJAZZ
05-11-2002, 11:53 AM
I use http://www.spacetowns.com
It's not bad, but I think you need the Anonymizer, but I'm getting away from large pictures in my sig..I'll just get someone to host something for me if need be.

Mak-X
05-11-2002, 03:01 PM
If you have AOL, you can link to files on your personal space. I imagine they'll get rid of that ability someday. Websites prevent linking because it racks up on bandwidth and the users don't get to see the ads, using websites for space.

Images linked with the anonymizer don't seem to cache for me sometimes, so if there's a topic with lots of pics using it, it has to download everytime.