PDA

View Full Version : my mute mute world

Sirklawd
05-10-2002, 08:35 PM
ok, i have guy set to "fire" with nuthing there...(cuz i made my own scene)

set a string....

set it to dungeon.......

set it to lvl 2....

and nothing.. no string

i warp into the room...it uses layers

any ideas????

JayeM
05-10-2002, 10:03 PM
Um, could you explain that a little more clearly? Selecting the guy and string is done in the Data Menu for a particular screen, but selecting dungeon and level 2 would be done on the Quest-->DMaps Menu and affects the entire DMap.

Sirklawd
05-10-2002, 10:21 PM
sorry..
i cant have message strings appear! HEEEEEELP!! GAHHHHH IT BURNS!!

Verbatim
05-11-2002, 02:24 AM
I've heard that some people are having trouble with strings not showing up in rooms they insta-warp into in the new beta...I know it worked fine in 1.90 though, because people were making signs that way, and in build 64 too. I haven't seen a single newer quest that has working signs though...

One thing I wonder is whether it's a bug that has to do with pit-warps. Previously the only way to make a sign was by using a stair-warp in front of the sign...it's possible that stair-warps still work, but pit-warps don't.

Sirklawd
05-11-2002, 11:03 AM
stair warps were working, (when i set the room as a special item room)...but now i have to set it as a "feed the goryia" room, with an invisible fire guy. THAT worked... soooooo wierd

Jigglysaint
05-11-2002, 10:44 PM
You HAVE to set the guy, you would have to make the fire invisible, no buts about it.

Sirklawd
05-12-2002, 12:19 AM
rite: i said i set the invisible fire guy.

sorry if im tooo concise

but its still wierd