PDA

View Full Version : How does electricity work?

Cecil
05-10-2002, 08:04 PM
Just wondering if anyone here was a rocket scientist and wanted to explain it to a lower life form.

Beldaran
05-10-2002, 08:06 PM
Well, I'm not a rocket scientist, but electricity is just the flow of electrons from one thing to another. Electrons are little negative charges that fly around the nuclei of atoms. This flow of electrons can be used to generate heat, light, or just energy in general that can be used for work.

Cecil
05-10-2002, 09:29 PM
Well, I suppose that makes sense.

Ultra22Lemming
05-11-2002, 09:23 AM
I know how it gets created. You know outlit plugs. Well you have to put your finger in one. It always works!!!

Jemsee
05-11-2002, 10:14 AM
I used to be a rocket scientist but I was hit with a bolt of lighting (Bolt 3, I think) and it wiped my memory.
But I think I discovered how electronic circuits really work.
It's smoke that is the real thing that makes electric circuits work because every time you let the smoke out of the circuit, it quits working.
Of course smoke makes all things that are electronic work. Remember the last time smoke escaped from a capacitor?
Didn't it quit working?
I sat and smiled like an idiot when I realized this.
I remembered when I had saw the destruction of an large pole transformer. It leaked out so much smoke that it cracked and stopped working.
It's the wires that carrie the smoke from one electronic device to the next. Remember the strawberry poptarts and toster test.
Smoke came out with the fire and the toster stopped working.

:weirdo: :nerd: :goofy: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:

Hermit
05-11-2002, 11:05 AM
That has got to be... one of the silliest... yet coolest replies I have ever heard Jemsee. Kudos to you for your extreme originality on that one ;)

Mitsukara
05-11-2002, 11:25 AM
Well, you see, first you connect the asynchrinous symmetry poles into the void, whereupon the fluidic waves immerse over them, having come through the magnetic cables from the Power Plant upon where they were indeed infused with smoke. Now it flows through the synchrinous power inverter and into the magnetic pulsar stream, upon which time it goes up and goes into the asynchrinous power converter, whereupon it releases a feed stream into the mechanisms that engage the chain reaction required for the other mechanisms to work.

It's really quite simple, you just have to understand that the ansynchronismic pulsar electrons are dangerous to the continued good health of your body as they might enter your water supply through the pores and cause major damage to the attractiveness of fluid and asynchrinous electron waves. This combination may make the smoke from your body leave, upon which time you will become improperly discolored by the asynchrinous pulse of the electron waves and cease to function.

satanman
05-11-2002, 12:20 PM
You have no idea what you just said, do you?

everyone knows ansynchronismic pulsar electrons can only function when subjected to tertiary-fermionic inhibitor fields

Beldaran
05-11-2002, 01:44 PM
electricity is the planet the little green men are from. They're coming for us all.

Mitsukara
05-11-2002, 01:50 PM
everyone knows ansynchronismic pulsar electrons can only function when subjected to tertiary-fermionic inhibitor fields

No, ansynchronismic pulsar electrons don't require subjection to tertiary-fermionic inhibitor fields; I believe you've confused ansynchronismis pulsar electrons with synchronous pulsar electron emissions, as synchronous pulsar electron emissions do require subjection to tertiary-fermionic inhibitor fields in order to function. Of course, synchronous pulsar electron emissions are even more out of date than coal-emitted electromagnetic fields, so your knowledge of electricity is obviously out of date.

electricity is the planet the little green men are from. They're coming for us all.
No, they don't come from there, they come from E l'ct 'Ri Ci t'Y... don't they teach people anything in public school these days?