PDA

View Full Version : What needs to be added/fixed?

Cloral
05-10-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Dark Nation
Not gonna happen before 2.0. Sorry. I've sat on this thing long enough, don't you think?

I take this to mean that a push to the release version will be made before long. Thus, I present this thread for everybody to list the one thing that in their opinion most needs to be added or fixed (excluding of course the combo page-less system).

Here's mine:

The bug that makes it so that when you enter a new area via a sidewarp much of the stuff is messed up until you leave the screen and come back.

JayeM
05-10-2002, 07:52 PM
I'm still hoping for an enlarged Windows-version window.

Dark Dude
05-10-2002, 08:03 PM
entering a screen with a dark room flag. This causes miscellanous errors, like the second room you go to will mess up and after you go back to where you came from it'll mess up.

DemoQuestFan
05-11-2002, 11:25 AM
The auto-boot out feature needs to be fixed (the one I addressed in an earlier thread.) Also, the dark room CSet needs to be fixed, You shouldnt have to turn CSet A in the Levels to all black to make Dark Rooms work. Also, fix up New1st-Fixed so players can get the secret items in the dungeons, which everytime you move a block its blocked by a partial tree.

DarkFlameWolf
05-11-2002, 11:34 AM
Having the room you enter right after exiting a dark room with Ganon be screwy until the game gets it in its head that the room after isn't a dark room as well.
Furthermore, if the next public release final versions will be the 'no combo page' version, what things would be unplayable in my quest if I were to continue making it with 152? Would playing it with the no combo page version make some parts of my 152 quest unplayable? I know Vel's complaint about how the new version handles secret combos would severly screw up how my game plays.

Dark Nation
05-11-2002, 01:10 PM
The secret combos thing is a bug. I still have to fix it (basically, it's not adding the combo page to the secret combo, so you end up with a secret combo from the first page, no matter what page it was intended to come from).

I've hit a bit of a snag in the door combo stuff I've been working on. It's easy to fix, just very time-consuming. Other than that, work is progressing nicely.

DarkFlameWolf
05-11-2002, 11:00 PM
okay as long as the quest I'm making with 152 can be played using the latest beta with not a single problem in sight, I'll be happy. thx.

DemoQuestFan
05-12-2002, 01:13 PM
I know its hard to program things, DN. Keep up the good work. You are doing a good job regardless of the problems you run into. I know it can be tough always improving on a program. :)

KJAZZ
05-12-2002, 02:27 PM
Yep. Don't rush, just go slowly, I have other ways to amuse myself..;)

Cloral
05-12-2002, 04:32 PM
Yeah. I certainly know how it can be. Sometimes there is somehting you need to add or change, and you just don't want to be bothered with it and you just have to give it some time. At least that's how it often is for me.

Jigglysaint
05-12-2002, 04:47 PM
The door combos will definitly make a difference. It would be good too, because if you notice, locked and shutter doors in Zelda 3 are slightly different when open than normal doors. With door combos, you could account for those differences.

fatcatfan
05-12-2002, 10:59 PM
the longer you take to release a new beta, the longer I have to work on programs other than mapmaker. Take all the time you need. :wink:

DarkFlameWolf
05-13-2002, 04:53 PM
*giggles*
and the more free time I have to despair over my quest.

Starkist
05-13-2002, 05:01 PM
I've been waiting since last April or so for the new version, I can wait a bit longer. :) Good things come to those who wait you know.