PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft players...read this.

AlexMax
05-10-2002, 04:28 PM
I've finally got Starcraft...from a friend _-_.

And I don't want the uncertainty of randomly beng allowed on BNet because of this. (My friend doesnt play it because he says that other people that he doesnt konw use his CD key.)

But I found a nice BnetD server at 130.111.242.14 . It's usually for Diablo2, but I see no reason why we can't do some SC on it.

How do you add the bnet server? Get a nice proggie called Server Manager 2 in the downloads section of StarCraft.org, and use it. Or use BNS if that suits your fancy. Or whatever.

I'm game for later tonight. Anyone want to bite? (And I suck...terribly)

EDIT:

Oh, and here's a list of servers...

http://ugoth.net/bnetd/servers.php

mrz84
05-10-2002, 04:34 PM
neat. id play ya but i only have the demo and my internet connection is gonna be cut off due to the phone bill any time now. why does greed influence so many people? :kawaii:

Mak-X
05-10-2002, 04:34 PM
If your friend actually bought Starcraft, he should be able to get a new CD key if its been stolen. I would try to play on battle.net and see if the CD key he has works.
From a lot of experience in getting groups to play on other servers (more than 3 people), its a real headache and a lot easier to just play on battle.net. Oh the headaches.

"Am I on FSGS? I used the thingy!!"
"Can I see other battle.net pplz on FSGS?"
"Hey look, I must be on FSGS even though everything around me is still battle.net!"

When someone is using your CD key you can't get on. The same if your using the CD key at the time while on battle.net.

AlexMax
05-10-2002, 04:47 PM
Wait...does BNetD check for duplicate CD keys?

Do all BnetD servers check for dupe CD keys? I looked through the config file and thought I saw a way to disable it...

EDIT: Nobody is using his CD key...right now. I'm game for later tonite if you want to arrange it on #agn......(shit I just remembered WL banned me last night...LOL...I guess we could work out something somehow...)

MottZilla
05-10-2002, 05:09 PM
No. BnetD bypasses all cdkey checks.

mikeron
05-10-2002, 06:50 PM
I managed to connect to that server! =^D
Now when the hell is there going to be a game?

AlexMax
05-10-2002, 08:37 PM
Check #agn for start times