PDA

View Full Version : A computer help forum

jman2050
05-10-2002, 12:45 PM
I've already submitted the idea to War Lord, but I wanted to know if you think this is a good idea. I see many topics on the boards pertaining to this and believe that this forum will be useful to all members. What are your opinions?

DarkPanther
05-10-2002, 12:48 PM
Eh... I think callitaday wanted to do this as well. I think if it does get made, the programming forum should merge with it. There should just be a general computer geek forum I think.

vegeta1215
05-10-2002, 03:09 PM
I think it's a good idea. As it is, all we have is Programming and Web Design, both of which are similar, and would do fine if combined into one forum.

A general computer forum would be cool. I'm for it :thumbsup:

inori
05-10-2002, 05:43 PM
Hmmm... interesting...

Right now, I see a lot of general computer questions asked in Programming. That's perfectly fine; those who haunt that forum are quite able and willing to answer non-programming computer-related questions. So it's not like there isn't a place to ask such questions.

An alternative would be to just broaden the Programming forum to, say, "Computers and Programming," so that people knew general computer-related questions were also fine there. I'm not advocating either way; I'm just trying to provide alternatives.