PDA

View Full Version : Too many damn controllers!

The Silent Assassin
05-10-2002, 06:06 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1351450648

What the hell! Why would you NEED that many!?!?

Hermit
05-10-2002, 07:44 AM
While I can see why someone would sell them... probably overstock from a game store or something similiar, I can't see why anyone would by all 75 in one shot, unless it's another game store buyer who thinks they can sell them perhaps.

Then again the buyer could be a hick redneck... and there just happens to be that many people in his trailer park who chipped in to buy them so they could all play :)

Mak-X
05-10-2002, 10:10 AM
Hmm, they're missing the Super Nintendo logo on the front.

DarkDragoonX
05-10-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
What the hell! Why would you NEED that many!?!?

Because they have a GREAT cream filling!

Daarkseid
05-10-2002, 03:11 PM
75 is a bit much, unless somebody wants to buy them all, and then turn around and make a profit off nostalgia seekers who need controller replacements for the SNES.

I know I'm in serious need of replacements for my SNES. The two controllers that came with my SNES that I bought in 1992 have their start and select buttons chewed to controller surface(courtesy of my pet rat Henry, may he rest in peace), and one of them has its casing cracked in the corner with a nice hole into the controllers innards, and the control pad is unresponsive and has to be pressed too hard to work. The other controller, besides the chewed buttons, still works fine and is the one I use to play.

Then there is the third controller, which I got with my second SNES in 1995. I wound up using it so much(because my other two controllers were already degraded to their current situations) that I think I short circuited something. The control pad worked funny, and became unresponsive when certain other buttons(like L and R) were pressed with it. Last summer I opened up this controller to if there wasn't anything I could do, but there was nothing. I put the controller back together and then lo and behold, it stopped functioning completely.

In the end, I have one ratty(hah hah, I said "RAT"ty) SNES controller that I use to play, while the other two are useless.
Buying all 75 of those controllers however, would leave me secure with my SNES for perhaps decades to come.

The Thing
05-10-2002, 03:30 PM
who would ever want 75 super nes controllers.

oh wait let me guess someone who wants to waste their money.

Mak-X
05-10-2002, 03:34 PM
I wonder why they are missing they're logo though.

Just think with 75 controllers and 18 Super Nintendos, and 18 multitaps, you could have the ultimate Super Bomberman tournament!
Or 25 games of 3player Secret of Mana going on at once!

Menokh
05-10-2002, 03:56 PM
I need only one controller. One of mine died.
And the newest SNES controllers don't have a printed logo, they have a barely visable logo engraved into it.

Masamune
05-10-2002, 04:07 PM
maybe they're one of those clumsy gamers who break a piece of hardware every week.

The Silent Assassin
05-10-2002, 04:54 PM
He says they are in "wrapping", yet SNES controllers came in a box.

Daarkseid
05-10-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
He says they are in "wrapping", yet SNES controllers came in a box.

Are you sure they weren't in wrapping before being boxed for retail? It could just be that this guy got ahold of a shipment that had not been packaged for retail sale.

Mak-X
05-10-2002, 04:57 PM
It could be true...N64 controllers and memory cards came in a box until they started putting them in clear plastic.

Dracula
05-10-2002, 06:49 PM
I don't think they're real NINTENDO made controllers. I've seen some like that without the name or anything, just a... peice of plastic with buttons and a wire... And the D-pad looks different, the letters for the buttons A,B,X,Y are not in that kind of text, and I can tell by one of the connectors looks different. Besides, 75 is way too much. Some blonde might buy them and think she can have all her girlfriends play games at once. :eyebrow: hmmm...

MasterSwordUltima
05-10-2002, 07:26 PM
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/20054239/Images/75pads.jpg

Thats 75 controllers???

Triffid
05-10-2002, 07:27 PM
These are probably just illegal clones. Think about it, where could you get 75 brand new controllers? If you just look at some of the stuff here: http://nesworld.parodius.com/pirate.htm, you'll agree that it's pirate stuff.

I actually have a couple of pirate carts, I don't know which system they're for for, because they used neon yellow plastic. The one that has a sticker on the back says:

"Since this is a sophisticated apparatus, should avoid to operate or to store under extreme temperature, also avoid violent bumps is necessary; moreover, never disassemble it."

I don't think it's an official cart, somehow.

Dracula
05-10-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by MasterSwordUltima
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/20054239/Images/75pads.jpg

Thats 75 controllers???

I hope not. I hope there are more boxes than that, or else it might be a fraud.

Cecil
05-10-2002, 07:33 PM
I suppose you would buy them if you wanted to have a super jumbo party, but otherwise, keep a couple and use the rest to fuel the fire in winter.