PDA

View Full Version : Solid Snake Is Back!

The Silent Assassin
05-10-2002, 05:29 AM
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/358/358936p1.html

Well...let's review what is said.

1. Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance - an original series based on Metal Gear. What does this mean? I don't like it.

2. Online MGS - Bad ass idea, but if I ain't PLAYING as Snake...I don't want to play at all (had enough of MGS2). Besides, HTF do you make an online game of MGS??? It's a one-player type game to start with...and stealth is usually not a "team" effort...

3. Metal Gear Solid 3 - Yeah, it's coming. At least THIS is Good.

"Titles derived from the Metal Gear Solid series are to be released for multiple platforms, although the release seems to distinguish between "sequels" and "derivative titles." New sequels in the series are to arrive according to a regular schedule, every two years. Lest you dismiss the idea of "derivative titles," it's worth noting that Konami is considering using the MGS franchise as the basis for an online game. "

As long as it is COOL, and HAS SNAKE, I will play. If they make games without Snake, fuck that.

Cronic
05-10-2002, 11:23 AM
Online MGS makes no sense....

I like the idea of more games, ut yeah snake has gota stay. Raiden was only cool because he had snake there to boss him around and such =)

Hopefully they can ge it right. they prolly will... I mean it's Kojima ;)

mikeron
05-10-2002, 03:34 PM
http://www.gamers.com/news/1145584

Hmm, Metal Gear for the PC. Cool.

Cronic
05-10-2002, 04:05 PM
Yeah MGS for the PC kicks ass so I can't wait to see what they do with the new engine.

the MGS PC graphics are MUCH better than that of the PSX

The Silent Assassin
05-10-2002, 04:58 PM
It makes sense!

Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance is a REMAKE OF METAL GEAR SOLID! HELL FUCKING YES! FINALLY! MY DAY HAS COME! It also includes VR missions and Sons of Liberty...and it is ALL in the MGS2 Engine.

MGS 3 is due out November 2003. A "teaser" will be shown at E3
In each off year, Metal Gear Derivative, a "spin off VR mission" or "revamp" of the previous sequel will come out. There will be 2 more Metal Gear Solid games, and 3 more "derivative" games.

Snake lives to see another day...

AlexMax
05-11-2002, 11:30 PM
YES! YHIS FUCKING RULES!!!!

Oh, and an online MGS WOULD be cool. Not as a teamply effort, but think of the DEATHMATCHES one could do with this...where people out of your 'real field of vision' (as opposed to the top down view) would be invisible, and such...

The Silent Assassin
05-12-2002, 04:08 AM
Hey...that might be interesting if they left the view as it is...but with all the sneaking around corners...