PDA

View Full Version : Slow the heck down!

Xyvol
05-10-2002, 04:31 AM
Car Crashes Into Roseville College Building (http://www.thekcrachannel.com/sac/news/localnews/stories/news-localnews-144895620020509-140518.html)

This morning I got a call from Maia asking me to come pick her up from school. A car had crashed into her classroom. She was alright, but three guys in front of her were injured by flying glass and such and had to be taken to the hospital. Apparently the driver was speeding along the freeway, lost control, and went flying off into the building. If you watch the videos, you can see how far away the building is from the freeway. There is a fence around the parking lot that the car never touched as it hit the embankment and went flying into the building. Every day I have to drive down I-80 to and from work , and every day I bitch about the people weaving in and out of traffic to go a little bit faster than everyone else. Sometimes I feel like a little old grandpa when I'm driving down the freeway at 75 miles an hour (ten miles over the limit). I really wish the people in this state would get it through thier head that it doesn't help. Maybe this will teach them, but probably not. I'm just thankfull that Maia didn't get hurt. I would be devistated if anything happened to her.

Hermit
05-10-2002, 04:39 AM
While I'm sorry to hear about this accident I can't help but say that these pictures are damn cool, and funny :laughing:

That thing is totalled, not every day you see something like that. Well if she doesn't turn in her homework tomorrow, she has a pretty good excuse... a car ran into my classroom :)

I want to see a dog eat homework though, that's such a classic :thumbsup:

The Silent Assassin
05-10-2002, 05:06 AM
That sucks...he's gonna be charged with speeding and recklace driving more than likely, get almost a 1000 dollar ticket...and if he has insurance, it will pick up his damages. SEE...driving through buildings is NOT possible...like in LW 4...

DarkPanther
05-10-2002, 12:08 PM
WOW!

Dang... I'd LOVE to live through that if I didn't hurt anyone.

DarkDragoonX
05-10-2002, 12:16 PM
Heh heh, that must have been a pretty wild ride... glad nobody got hurt, and that guy needs to use his break pedal! On the other hand, that guy's got one hell of a bar story to tell! ;)

Cecil
05-10-2002, 08:16 PM
Dude, he does need to slow down.
If I went that fast, I would be screwed by the cops and loose my licence so fast...(saying I had one) plus Id have to pay a huge ticket.