PDA

View Full Version : My friend ZSNES

C-Dawg
05-10-2002, 12:06 AM
Warlock blessed me with his tiles and tuteledge awhile ago, and I'm happy to say that SD3 tiles are falling to my mouse left and right now that I can get the pallettes right out of the game. Neehaw! I finished ripping Sub-Zero Snowfield tonight, though I havnt spent any time rearranging Csets to account for enemies that use Cset 9 and the like.

Anyway, I've got a problem. ZSNES doesnt seem very stable in 8-bit VESA2 mode. It crashes randomly, and this is a problem i've never had with 16-bit mode. Anyone have some pointers on how to avoid this? Its annoying to try and take shots of all tiles only to have ZSNES crash on ya.

-C

Menokh
05-10-2002, 12:09 AM
ZSNES crashes on me all the time. I have just learned to live with it and hope it doesn't crash right before I take the picture.
It's anoying, but what can ya do?

Jigglysaint
05-10-2002, 12:24 AM
Okay, before I say anything, I'm in the Zquest editor forum, right? This topic talks about tile ripping right? Okay, now I can move it to the Developer's exchange where all other tile-ripping is talked about

C-Dawg
05-10-2002, 12:27 AM
Fair enough. But ZSNES NEVER crashed in 16 bit mode. Whats it doing crashing in 8 bit?

-C

KJAZZ
05-10-2002, 12:43 AM
ZSNES never crashes for me. Not once. Don't know what your problem is..:shrug:

But hey! I want Warlock's tiles...I had a demo of them before you even were a member, Consarn it! :D

C-Dawg
05-10-2002, 01:30 AM
Well, you can ask him for the pass. I intend to release the tiles publically once i get the rest of the SD3 tiles ripped... and hopefully help Guitar with the CT ones too. Im second guessing using FF6 overworld tiles though, because they're so dark and gloomy in comparison to both other tilesets... might go with FF4 or 5.. hmm

-C

GuitarmanTim
05-10-2002, 06:53 AM
You could just play to where you wanna be in 16bit mode, then switch to 8bit mode and take da snaps, then switch back to 16bit mode, but that is alot of work. My ZSNES never crashes in any mode, infact, it never really crashes at all.

K-Teclis
05-12-2002, 06:20 AM
It never crashes but the LttP r** is... well it shows no weather effects!!

GuitarmanTim
05-12-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by K-Teclis
It never crashes but the LttP r** is... well it shows no weather effects!!

then you don't have it set to VESA 1 or VESA 2 mode, only those show special FX.

Menokh
05-12-2002, 05:17 PM
C, go to www.zsnes.com and download the DOS version. They actually do still maintain the DOS version. It supports all the stuff the old version available on Darth's site does but is more stable. I downloaded it yeaterday becuase Breath of Fire wouldn't run in the old version.

It still allows 640x480x8bit vesa2 mode for ripping tiles.

K-Teclis
05-14-2002, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by GuitarmanTim

then you don't have it set to VESA 1 or VESA 2 mode, only those show special FX.
I should try this out...

obi
05-15-2002, 05:24 AM
any one have any good, and I reistate GOOD, tile ripping tools for save states?

The older versions of Zsens runalot faster than the newer ones for me - I use 1.31. but I have 1.37