PDA

View Full Version : Dying to know the answer.....

Nexidus
05-09-2002, 11:45 PM
Okay I have only recently discovered ZC and I am hooked. The only problem I have is using the keyboard. Seeing as how I have been using a gamepad since I was like 10 with NES I want to use a gamepad when I play ZC. I see the options for a joystick in the AGsetup.exe program but I can't for the life of me get it to work. My joystick works fine in Windows 2000 Pro and calibrates just fine but "NOT DETECTED" in ZC. I bought Gamepad Pro with a USB connection...no luck. thought maybe I needed to get one that uses a gameport. BoughtGravis Destroyer...no luck...

How can I fix this problem. This is the last step I have before I have everything I want... computer hooked to tv, new quests, now all I need is the gamepad!??! Someone HELP!!!!

C-Dawg
05-10-2002, 12:19 AM
Easiest solution is to download the ZC 152 player, availible in a thread... somewhere. That has a Windows version, and your game pad should work just fine in that setup. In fact, I think it's vital to do this to get USB controllers to run.

Something else you might have to do is put gravis.dll or whatever the dll file that runs your controller into the ZC folder- I dont know if this is necessary exactly.

Also, I had my computer on my TV back awhile ago, when the full translation of SD3 first came out. Good stuff. ;)

-C

VEL
05-10-2002, 12:21 AM
Here is the thread (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55181) with the ZC 152 player. ;)

Nexidus
05-10-2002, 12:38 AM
Still won't work. I already had the new windows version downloaded because that is what I thought would fix it too. This is so frustrating. Anyone else using a gamepad or joystick? What did you have to do to make it work. I also saw that the new windows version doesn't come with AGsetup.exe. I assume this is because the new version detects most things on its own. Any other ideas people?

Cyclone
05-10-2002, 02:10 AM
One good solution: choose the best arrangement, and just use that darn keyboard. It works. :)

Cyclone

Manson Seed
05-10-2002, 09:28 AM
Try this, it worked for me. Taken from a thread in the "Bugs" section. And I'm using a USB controller for the windows version, (XP Pro).

Posted by Mak-x
--------------------------

My controller wasn't working either in the 152 build.

I just now thought to look in the ag.cfg file to see if something was wrong.

joytype was set to 0

[joystick]
joytype = 0

When I set it to "1" or "4but" I could use my 4button gravis gamepad in ZC

[joystick]
joytype = 1

or

[joystick]
joytype = 4but

Open up ag.cfg with notepad.

Nexidus
05-10-2002, 02:20 PM
It WORKS!!! Thanks Manson Seed. You know I never found that written anywhere. I even searched the boards for days trying to get this joystick working. Thanks again.

AlphaDawg
05-10-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone
One good solution: choose the best arrangement, and just use that darn keyboard. It works. :)What is a keyboard but a really big 104-button joystick anyway?

(Someone quote me on that, dammit!)

Mak-X
05-10-2002, 03:22 PM
Keyboard no fit in hand good.

Daarkseid
05-10-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X
Keyboard no fit in hand good.

Yes, I share this sentiment. I hate playing games on the PC with the keyboard. Only until I got a gamepad did I really start playing more than just RPGs on Emulators... And Zelda Classic just plays so much better with a gamepad, which I couldn't get to work until the Windows version was released.

Cyclone
05-11-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by AlphaDawg
What is a keyboard but a really big 104-button joystick anyway?

(Someone quote me on that, dammit!)

All right. You asked for it. :)

Cyclone