PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got a MIDI to MP3 converter?

Cloral
05-09-2002, 06:12 PM
I've got a song I want to use for the skate shop in Tony Hawk 3, but it's in MIDI format and I need to have it in MP3 format in order to use it. Anybody know how to convert from MIDI to MP3?

MottZilla
05-09-2002, 06:14 PM
Nope. You could put the speaker wire into the microphone port and play and record at the same time as a wav. That'd work.

Dechipher
05-09-2002, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I've already asked.

The Savior
05-09-2002, 06:21 PM
WimAmp has a midi > wav converter, and a wav > mp3 converter should be fairly easy to find.

Hermit
05-09-2002, 07:25 PM
It depends on how far you want to go with it. If you just want the midi to sound like midi then sure all you'd need to do is play and record it as a wav with sound recorder or something.

On the other hand if you're more interested in turning it into something that sounds relatively real, I'd start with something simple like wingroove, which I personally don't really use but I have it nevertheless. (I don't remember the site so you'll have to do a search for it, and you'll also need a crack for it to record something voer 15 seconds). It will create a WAV based on it's own sound banks, and you can therefore convert that to mp3.

It also comes with its own midi drivers for windows, meaning... if your midi is played by means of adlib through your sound card, you can set wingroove drivers to remain active at all times, basically turning your adlib midi into wingroove midi sound. Try it out and see ;)

If you need any assistance, just let me know. If push comes to shove you could always send along the midi and I'll take care of turning it into something good for ya ;)

Cloral
05-09-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by The Savior
WimAmp has a midi > wav converter, and a wav > mp3 converter should be fairly easy to find.

Actually, the ->WAV converter only works with MP3s. If you use it with a MIDI, the MIDI just gets played like normal.

MottZilla
05-09-2002, 09:21 PM
Do what I said... instead of the line going into your speakers make it go in the mic. Hit record then play the midi.

Cloral
05-09-2002, 10:14 PM
Ah, forget it. I'll just leave it as the Aquabats - Fight Song, which is fun because it is rather inapropriate for the skate shop.

Saffith
05-10-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
Do what I said... instead of the line going into your speakers make it go in the mic. Hit record then play the midi.
Why do all that, now?
Every computer I've ever had, you could record MIDIs just fine without switching any plugs around...

MottZilla
05-10-2002, 03:00 AM
i was saying to record the midi to a wav to encode to mp3.

The Silent Assassin
05-10-2002, 03:03 AM
No, there are converters...check KaZaA for some in a "program" search....but I think they are wav->mid, but mp3->wav conversion is commonplace now.

Hermit
05-10-2002, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
i was saying to record the midi to a wav to encode to mp3.

So was he Mottzy. You don't need to unplug this and that to get your computer to record what you want, although it may be faster doing certain things.

Just open your "Volume Controls", go to "Options", then "Properties" from here you can select what gets recorded and what doesn't by going to "Recording" section.

;)