PDA

View Full Version : A question about theme limitaions.

Cronic
05-09-2002, 04:09 PM
I asked this in another thread, but I got no response so here goes again.

What are we allowed to change? Forexample are we allowed to add our own custom uttons to it and such? Or do they need to be compliant with standard VB buttons?

The Silent Assassin
05-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Not sure...I've been working on a theme that uses ALttP sprites and tiles...and well...it LOOKS like he opening scene in ALttP (title screen). Took a lot of work, but as SB said, there is only one template, and it won't support what I did.

Cronic
05-09-2002, 05:04 PM
well I figured the template would hav to stay the same, but my main concern are buttons.

Dark Jim
05-09-2002, 05:23 PM
Uh you can pretty much change everything. Buttons can be different in each theme too. There are a few things that cannot be changed for every theme currently such as the colors on the whos online because that is coded in the source file. (unless Warlord/Shadowblazer uses a different hack than I do)

Shadowblazer
05-09-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Dark Jim
Uh you can pretty much change everything. Buttons can be different in each theme too. There are a few things that cannot be changed for every theme currently such as the colors on the whos online because that is coded in the source file. (unless Warlord/Shadowblazer uses a different hack than I do) Yeah, the who's online colors use a hack of my own design that allows you to specify the colors it uses on a style-by-style basis. Impressive, eh? :D

Anyway DC, you can change pretty much any of the displayed colors and any of the images in your style. The only thing you can't change are which colors are displayed where (like with TSA's desire to have non-alternating colors on the forum descriptions and alternating colors everywhere else they're supposed to alternate), and of course the very layout of the forums.

Cronic
05-09-2002, 05:58 PM
Sweet, Kratheous and I have been talking and will be collaberating on this one. so basically all the buttons we see may have ZC counterparts specific to the one design... that's good news =)

also some of my images are slightly larger than the ones displayed here... will that cause a compatibility problem?

Rijuhn
05-09-2002, 10:00 PM
Could someone PM me a template for me? I'd really like to make some kind of 3-d water theme using Adobe PS 6.0. Thanks.

Shadowblazer
05-10-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
also some of my images are slightly larger than the ones displayed here... will that cause a compatibility problem? It shouldn't really... though bear in mind that overly-large images may stretch out some tables and make things look kinda tacky. For most of the buttons and such I would suggest that you at least try to keep the sizes close to what we already have.