PDA

View Full Version : WinMX has an evil queue line!

AlexMax
05-09-2002, 01:50 PM
OK, I start the download for a movie. It says I'm 20th or so in line.

When I get back a couple of hours later, I'm actually HIGHER on the queue than I started....30-somethingish.

Any ideas WHY this is happening?

vegeta1215
05-09-2002, 01:58 PM
WinMX lets you download movies? Cool. My roomate used it last year and it was just mp3s.

But, about the queue, I don't know. Queue's are first in-first out. So, if you requested a dl first, you should get it before anyone after you. Beats me.

GuitarmanTim
05-09-2002, 02:08 PM
I think if you get disconnected you get put back last in the queueline, not sure though.

DarkPanther
05-09-2002, 05:10 PM
That happens to me too. I've only been successful in one out of probably 50 queues I've tried. And even then, I started at 5, and the BOOM, I was going. But all the other times have been just like you said. I go from 2, to 3, to 5 then on up.

???!

Hermit
05-09-2002, 11:19 PM
No, it's not that at all. Users can manually select the placement of queues for uploads (basically controlling everything about uploads from speeds to whatever for each individual downloader).

This usually happens when you are downloading something as big as a movie file. Basically you end up being a "last resort" so to speak. There are more people with smaller files than you so they put you last so all the small stuff gets distributed first, saving the large stuff for last. ;)

It's not really that complicated, although being dropped back in the queue does happen often and tends to anger many, especially trying to download big stuff.