PDA

View Full Version : Melee!!!!!!!!

Sirklawd
05-09-2002, 12:55 PM
is anyone else out there as addicted to super smash bros. melee as i am??? this game rocks so hardcore. ive been playing it non-stop since it first came out. Ive unlocked everything - and when it seems like i could possibly get bored, i find a new technique.
theres so much stuff in this game

is anyone else as hardcore about this game?

Raichu86
05-09-2002, 01:09 PM
Do you have anybody to play it with? I'm guessing it wouldn't be very good for me, since I have no sibs. :(

Kairyu
05-09-2002, 02:36 PM
I doubt it. (You NOT liking it, not you liking it.) SSBM is almost inarguably in the top 10 greatest games of all time. (Maybe not, I didn't actually think about it before saying that...) Even without ANYONE else to play with, The Game has insane replay value, what with ~25 Characters, ~30 selectable stages (Remember the trophy levels, Race to the finish, etc. ?), ~30 items, 50 Event matches, three one player modes (Including a mode with sidescrolling battle sequences), tremendous customization possibilities in multiplayer (Regardless of the number of human players), ~290 tropies to find, and a number of post-match bonus awards which, although I don't remember at the time, is somewhere above 150. It's really something else, Melee. I'd recommend it to almost anyone.
:mega:

MottZilla
05-09-2002, 06:23 PM
Um... I play Street Fighter 2 more than I do SSB or SSBM...

Sirklawd
05-09-2002, 06:55 PM
the best part is, with all the tremendous amounts of replay value, it doesnt get repetative (unless your a hobo who uses the same move over and over) but really, each day i keep finding new things about the game. for instance: did anyone know that peach will randomly pull up a bomb-om instead of a turnip? or that you can pick up items while jumping by hitting z? or samus can extend her grapple to twice the length??

GAH!! I JUST WANT TO PLAY NOW!

AND TWO WORDS: GIGA BOWSER!!!

Ultra22Lemming
05-09-2002, 08:41 PM
Yah I like SSBM. And I play it with Nonsensical sometimes. I only have two more event matches before #51. I'm pretty good. My favorite charecter is Ice Climbers.

Rijuhn
05-09-2002, 09:17 PM
I love this game! I'm going to see if one of my siblings wants to buy my controller for $20 so I can buy a newer one (my first one doesn't have a rumble anymore.) I also think I have every trophy you can buy with coins, because I can't get anymore in the lottery. I have 271 trophies, but I haven't beaten it on every mode yet, so that's probably why.

MottZilla
05-09-2002, 09:25 PM
Poor people =( The game isn't all that great. People said the same thing about SSB on N64 and that died. This will too. You want a great game, play Star Wars Episode 1 Arcade Racer. Not any of those shitty ports to N64 or Dreamcast. I mean the arcade machine which you control each engine's throttle and such. I love that game.

Sirklawd
05-09-2002, 11:14 PM
sure thing mott...cuz pod racer is something completely revelant to melee..............

ya, ive seen about 291 trophies

and id never get tired of this game, i spent 700 hours on smash for n64.. and this one is 1000 times bigger

does anyone know if theres ever any melee contests or tournaments??? that would rule sooo much

MottZilla
05-10-2002, 02:53 AM
=( poor people need to get a life... or play online FPS or RTS games.

The Silent Assassin
05-10-2002, 03:01 AM
I haven't played Melee since I got the last trophy.

Rijuhn
05-10-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
=( poor people need to get a life... or play online FPS or RTS games.

Why don't you play the game without biased and see how much fun it can be. You're being as ignorant as the little kids who love M rated games just it's got blood. Just grow up.

Mak-X
05-10-2002, 10:22 AM
I haven't played since I got 284 trophies. I need to get the rest. Its a really good game full of stuff but lacks something because its based on many different games but doesn't actually contain those games, just fighting. It's way better than SSB.

I played and played and played the game until I had to take a break from it, and tried to finish up Rogue Leader.

I love playing as Link.

DarkDragoonX
05-10-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
Um... I play Street Fighter 2 more than I do SSB or SSBM...

Bah! Darkstalkers rules over all!

jman2050
05-10-2002, 11:21 AM
Mott is entitled to his own opinions. We like the game, that is what we think. I absolutely adore this game (and rule with Samus for that matter although started playing with Roy). Still, I don't think Mott should be calling us 'Poor People' because we like the game.

Sirklawd
05-10-2002, 11:48 AM
word word to mott...

anyway:
i luv samus, wall jump, ball jump, some crazy forth jump i keep doing randomly, extra long grapple, homeoing misseiles...blah so good.

i also can tool with C.falcon, Ganon(obviously), Dr. M and mario, Fox, Link.

im workin on bowers, Mew2 and the duo from fire emblem

anyone know how to do roy and marths combo where the change colors? i can only get it to 2 colors, but ive seen the computer go thru like 5.

also anyone know how to do the reflect bubble that every character seems to have, that the computer can pull off like all the time?

jman2050
05-10-2002, 11:57 AM
1)ROy and Marth's color attack kjeeps going depending on how you press the buttons. Either press up+B, down+B, or forward+B to attack. Also, keep a repetitive consistent motion and don't go too fast or it won't work. Keep alternating between those combinations (different ones will work) and their attacks will become stronger. You can do it upn to 9 times if I remember correctly.

2) Just press R to do your bubble shield. If you do it at the right time you can reflect attacks.

Sirklawd
05-10-2002, 12:40 PM
thats so awesome, thanks

heres some tips ive figgered out.

z in air = pick up items
a = catch items
when grappling with samus, continue taping the z buttun while making a circualr motion on the d-pad starting from up and towards the direction you facing will make samus have a double length grapple. unfortunately it cant grab people (WTF) but you can still grab walls with it.
mew2's forward b is a spin-around, and a reflect, but when reflecting engergy attacks (like samus' ball o death, or marios fireball) the attacks wont dmg their owner, they'll go thru them.
(which is why sometimes we team up in a melee battle, and i send the ball of death back thru samus into someone. sooo funny.
peach will randomly pull up a bomb-omb (sp?)
and game and watch has that bucket thatll collect 3 energy attacks and then spill out oil thatll almost instantly kill soemone.

Kairyu
05-10-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Sirklawd
thats so awesome, thanks

heres some tips ive figgered out.

z in air = pick up items
a = catch items
when grappling with samus, continue taping the z buttun while making a circualr motion on the d-pad starting from up and towards the direction you facing will make samus have a double length grapple. unfortunately it cant grab people (WTF) but you can still grab walls with it.
mew2's forward b is a spin-around, and a reflect, but when reflecting engergy attacks (like samus' ball o death, or marios fireball) the attacks wont dmg their owner, they'll go thru them.
(which is why sometimes we team up in a melee battle, and i send the ball of death back thru samus into someone. sooo funny.
peach will randomly pull up a bomb-omb (sp?)
and game and watch has that bucket thatll collect 3 energy attacks and then spill out oil thatll almost instantly kill soemone.

Samus can still grab stuff. Press L to acticate an enemy homing feature, and press A right when the beam hits an enemy to grab. Or the other way around, I forget.
Fox/Falco's secret taunts: Tap down on the D-Pad rapidly as Fox or Falco on Corneria or Venom. If an Arwing appears at the exact time you hit Down, one of the message sets from Adventure with Peppy, Slippy, and Fox/Falco will play.
How to NOT GET ^&#%$(&^#@()(@#&^%&^$(@ SONIC AND TAILS: THEY ARE NOT IN THE GAME DO YOU UNDERSTAND SOME $%*& MAGAZINE PULLED AN APRIL FOOLS DAY JOKE AND THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY BECAUSE THEY ARE PSYCHO!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!
Roy and Marth can use the Dancing Blade up to four times in one attack.
Zelda is better than Sheik. (Okay, this one's actually just personal preference, but Zelda only lacks one thing that Shiek has: Downward attacks and speed, and speed isn't a good thing in this case because Sheik handles like a wet fish on a waxed floor)

Sirklawd
05-10-2002, 04:42 PM
ENEMY HOMING FEATURE!???!!

going to test RIIIIIIIIGHT NOOOOOWW!