PDA

View Full Version : Playstation memory card manager question

Washu
05-08-2002, 04:43 PM
I recently bought a used PSX and a mem card, but the card is full and I need to delete the other person's saved games from it, but the PSX Memory card manager locks up as soon as it loads the list of saved games. How do I get it to delete them?

DarkPanther
05-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Ehm.... it may just be a bum card bro. If it's locking up the manager, there's really not much you can do with it. :\

Masamune
05-08-2002, 05:11 PM
if you buy a dexdrive for about 10 dollars on ebgames.com or something you can access a manager on your computer.

DarkPanther
05-08-2002, 05:13 PM
If you do that, unplug it if you're not using it, at that very second, no matter what. Mine burned out after 3 uses. Literally, burned.

MottZilla
05-08-2002, 05:18 PM
I'm not sure what kind of chips are used to store data, but if you get a really good magnent you could destroy the data and then most games with ask you if you want to format the card now and you say yes and it'd be fine. Really though, you could just but another mem card if you have to.

Washu
05-08-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
I'm not sure what kind of chips are used to store data, but if you get a really good magnent you could destroy the data and then most games with ask you if you want to format the card now and you say yes and it'd be fine. Really though, you could just but another mem card if you have to.

No good, I tried a magnet that can lift a fully loaded 386 computer case and wipe the HD and the games are still there. I gues I'll just have to drive back to Record Exchange and see what they say