PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to mention

Beldaran
05-08-2002, 03:59 AM
that today I bought tickets for the very first showing of Star Wars episode II in my hometown. I was the first person to buy them.

At 12:30pm on May 16, I will be watching Star Wars. Yes!

Menokh
05-08-2002, 04:00 AM
Lucky bastard....
I'll have to wait to see it. I can't get tickets now. I prolly won't see Episode 2 until a week or two after it's out. :(

Hermit
05-08-2002, 04:04 AM
I'll be waiting for reviews and opinions on it before I even bother. Especially after I wasted $6.50 to go see the crap first one in theaters :blah:

This next one does look a great deal better in some respects though than the first one, I'll give it that. Then again... anything up from the first one is a good thing :laughing:

Beldaran
05-08-2002, 04:13 AM
Well I absolutely LOVED the first one. I saw it 7 times in the theater. I own it now. I've loved all the movies. And its been my experience that critics have given all my favorite movies bad reviews, so I don't listen to them anymore.

Hermit
05-08-2002, 04:22 AM
Well the first one just never really felt like Star Wars at all to me except for the end battle with Maul, which was cool as hell btw, and the only real shining point of the first one ;)

Unlike the previous trilogy, these prequels rely heavily on Computer CG and such. That to me, takes alot out of having the character spans of creatures and whatnot. The only real people in the first movie are the main actors, with a couple extras. I thought it was cool that Warwick Davis "Willow" made a cameo in the pod racing scene sitting with Jabba, kudos to him. George Lucas himself stated on a Star Wars episode of "Now and Again" that Episode I was about 95% computers and 5% live actors. I guess it's just a matter of taste really. Almost everything about the first one seems so fake, due to the heavy Computer CG, whereas the last 3 were all built models and such constructed and filmed in action. I don't think you could ever top the last trilogy now matter how snazzy you made the next 3. And with such a mediocre showing of Episode I, it doesn't appear it'll even come close :thumbsup:

Beldaran
05-08-2002, 04:25 AM
I have a feeling that if most people who critique the new movies now went back and watched the 1977 Star Wars for the very first time they would laugh their heads off at how corny it is. It's all about being a fun, romantic space adventure; and I think the new movies are just that.

Hermit
05-08-2002, 04:32 AM
Well once these movies are done, there will be 2 groups of Star Wars fans. One group for the love of the original trilogy, the other for the prequel trilogy.

I'm sticking to the roots, the CG, as heavily as it was used didn't impress me all that much, and neither did Episode I ;)

Beldaran
05-08-2002, 04:34 AM
3 groups:

1 who love the old trilogy, 1 who love the the new trilogy, and those who love all the films like me:)

Hermit
05-08-2002, 04:36 AM
Well nice to see you love them all, even if they are "corny" to you ;)

I like the prequels so far for the simple fact that they give alot more character depth and history to the characters of the first trilogy. That part is done pretty well I'd say ;)

Beldaran
05-08-2002, 04:43 AM
Yeah I still remember how I FLIPPED out when I discovered that Palpatine was a senator from the planet on which Darth Vader's mother was queen. WHOA! hehe.

Shadowblazer
05-08-2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Beldaran
Yeah I still remember how I FLIPPED out when I discovered that Palpatine was a senator from the planet on which Darth Vader's mother was queen. WHOA! hehe. Shmi Skywalker is the queen of Naboo? :blah:

Methinks you're a bit confused.

Beldaran
05-08-2002, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Shadowblazer
Shmi Skywalker is the queen of Naboo? :blah:

Methinks you're a bit confused.

LOL yes I mean Luke Skywalker's mother