PDA

View Full Version : Simulators

Toolie
05-08-2002, 12:01 AM
When I'm bored, I like to toy around with some practical simulators. If someone could provide the links to some nice fully-functional simulators of sorts that would be entertaining for me, that would be nice.

Right now I have a star system simulator... its just circles with masses and velocities.... it simulates gravity nice and you can make some neat systems.

I also have a traffic simulator ( Traffic Sim 5 with Synchro 5 ) which is a fancy program to.... well, simulate traffic patterns. Very customizable and I enjoy toying with it.

If anyone has anything else thats interesting, please link it to me.

Triffid
05-08-2002, 12:45 AM
http://hugin.sigusr1.org/~pakin/complaint
This probably isn't what you had in mind, but check it out anyway, it generates complaint letters witout any information about the person but their name. I remeber my freind had a snowfall simulator, but I don't know where he got it from.

Here's a planet generator: http://www.circuitpsyche.com/fracplan/

Could you post the link to the solar sytem and traffic programs?

Toolie
05-08-2002, 12:52 AM
You can find both of them on cnet's www.downloads.com

Traffic Sim needs to be registered... though I found that if you mess around with the About and Register things just clicking OK and Use as Demo, it will actually let you use files made by Synchro 5 without registering.

The planet simulator is simply called Planets, and the traffic simulator is TrafficSim or Traffic Sim.

Hermit
05-08-2002, 03:01 AM
I just boot up Simcity 2000 whenever I feel the need to simulate such as this ;) ( And no I never cheat :D )

richeva
05-08-2002, 03:09 AM
I really like that complain letter one!!!

obi
05-08-2002, 03:16 AM
Hmmm, that complaint ,maker is cool -
Hmmm, who to complain about, I know, Hermit!

My complaint about AGN member Hermit
As poorly qualified as I am to condemn -- without hesitation, without remorse -- all those who feature simplistic answers to complex problems, I hope you will bear with me while I begin this sincere and earnest attempt. And please don't get mad with me if, in doing so, I must encourage individuals to come out of their cocoons and flourish. Some background is in order: AGN member Hermit insists that mercantalism is a be-all, end-all system that should be forcefully imposed upon us. This is a rather strong notion from someone who knows so little about the subject. Don't get me wrong; he is laughing up his sleeve at us. But he should not destroy the natural beauty of our parks and forests. Not now, not ever.

Hermit's stories about Dadaism are particularly ridden with errors and distortions, even leaving aside the concept's initial implausibility. Hermit's perspective is that antiheroism can quell the hatred and disorder in our society. My perspective, in contrast, is that if Hermit succeeds in his attempt to till the blathering side of the corporatism garden, it'll have to be over my dead body. I wouldn't want to dismantle the family unit. I would, on the other hand, love to announce that we may need to picket, demonstrate, march, or strike to stop Hermit before he can palm off our present situation as the compelling ground for worldwide narcissism. But, hey, I'm already doing that with this letter. Our goal must now be to place a high value on honor and self-respect. If you believe that that's a worthwhile goal, then I can surely use your help. Let me hear from you.

Toolie
05-08-2002, 03:27 AM
The Sim Traffic bug is to open up the window with the registration stuff and hit "Cancel"... then open up a homemade file of your choice and you can watch it.