PDA

View Full Version : The equiveland of Yiffy Fursuiter + Dime + WAY too much time is THIS.

MetaStaiford
05-07-2002, 09:21 PM
This is what happens when i have a nail file on hand, a dime and WAY too much time on my hands...

now i have too much powdered zinc on my hands.

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://altairguardian.tripod.com/images/DIME.jpg

Nightmare
05-07-2002, 09:31 PM
Yeesh Meta, now you cost yourself 10 cents. You could've bought a candy bar. :tongue:

-NJS-

goKi
05-07-2002, 09:46 PM
should try and use it :)

J.J. Maxx
05-07-2002, 09:55 PM
You *do* realize defacing US currency is a crime, right? :)

Menokh
05-07-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by JJMaxx
You *do* realize defacing US currency is a crime, right? :)

Then that has got to be one of the stupidest laws I've ever heard of.

And meta, way too much time.

Rainman
05-08-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Menokh

Then that has got to be one of the stupidest laws I've ever heard of.

And meta, way too much time.

Well, considering that just defacing money not only make foreigners think less of the US (currency IS very representative of a country), but it also probably costs the US Mint thousands of dollars a year to replace defaced currency. So that is why defacing is a crime. :)

Triffid
05-08-2002, 12:59 AM
That's pretty cool, it reminds me of ancient coins from times when you didn't have to worry about sticking them in vending machines, and more recently, when some guy in my electronics class drilled a hole in a one dollar coin, tied it to some copper wire, and tried to cheat the vending machine. He panicked when someone walked close, and lost his dollar.

Mitsukara
05-08-2002, 01:17 AM
Yeesh Meta, now you cost yourself 10 cents. You could've bought a candy bar.

What kind of bootleg candy bars do you usually buy, anyway? Most candy bars that I can think of cost 99 cents or more.

Daarkseid
05-08-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Jennifer

What kind of bootleg candy bars do you usually buy, anyway? Most candy bars that I can think of cost 99 cents or more.

The average cost of a normal sized candy bar here is 59 cents, plus tax.

In vending machines, they can run from 60 to 65 cents.

If you spend a whole dollar on a candy bar, you should be getting the king size.

Mitsukara
05-08-2002, 01:33 AM
Hmm... I don't buy candy bars all that often, but I am sure that I've never seen any 10 cent candy bars. I think I've seen individual pieces of gum or possibly DumDums or Tootsie Roll Pops for that price, but certaintly not candy bars.