PDA

View Full Version : need someone to help me test this real quick...

Cronic
05-07-2002, 02:06 PM
http://absolutezeldaclassic.homestead.com/files/AGN/Toejam___Earl__000.gif

I need to see how Zquest handles this picture... if it's well then I've found an emu for ripping Genesis roms!

Please feel free to use the AZC uploader to display results and thank you =)

Btw I need help with this becuase I'm impatient and stuck here at work for the next 6 hours ;)

C-Dawg
05-07-2002, 02:26 PM
I'd help you out, but

1) ToeJam and Earl is an ugly, ugly, game.

2) I'm at work too. :)

-C

JayeM
05-07-2002, 04:05 PM
I tried it...the tile will take a lot of editting, but it's do-able. And I loved Toe Jam & Earl. I'm not sure this game uses actual tiles...

Cronic
05-07-2002, 04:09 PM
Thanks JayeM =) It's now official... we have an emu capable of helping out with SEGA Genesis graphics :D

JayeM
05-07-2002, 04:12 PM
Cool! What is it?

Zaphod Q. IX
05-07-2002, 04:13 PM
Umm...which emulator? I've been trying to rip graphics from a certain genesis game forever.

Cronic
05-07-2002, 04:14 PM
It's called "Gens" and can be found at Zophars Domain.

I plan on adding this to AZC sometime later today though. I also ran a small update on the site (Emulator section) including a couple for GBC games.

Zaphod Q. IX
05-07-2002, 04:30 PM
bleh.
That's the one I use, and it's a fine emulator. Only one problem. The game I'm trying to rip uses strange mapping, and even with gens (the only genesis emulator I could find that will even run the game) the graphics come out screwy.
*sigh*

C-Dawg
05-08-2002, 12:00 AM
Well.. is there any Windows Genesis emulator? If so, couldnt you use the screen capture feature of Windows itself to get the tiles?

-C

GuitarmanTim
05-08-2002, 06:35 AM
Sorry DC, it's gonna be hard to do. That emu doesn't use the game's palette, so you'll have to recolor every tile by hand. If I were you I'd keep looking.

Sirklawd
05-09-2002, 12:50 PM
theres a way NOT to recolor every tile by hand???

ive been doing that for like everything. like i recolored everything in Plith value pack....

the two screen tall castle...recolored each tile... (dont ask how im still alive)

Cronic
05-09-2002, 01:30 PM
Wow the whole thing? Well if it makes ya feel better I didi that with the entire BS set (winter) and that was before I knew what the red or blue wands did... talk about a pain...

This is why we need the ability to edit many tiles at once ;)

GuitarmanTim
05-10-2002, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Sirklawd
theres a way NOT to recolor every tile by hand???

ive been doing that for like everything. like i recolored everything in Plith value pack....

the two screen tall castle...recolored each tile... (dont ask how im still alive)

ouch! :odd: that must suck. You really should learn about palettes and csets, info about that can be found at the AZC tileguide, link is in da sig.