PDA

View Full Version : Quest passwords

Lord AxaliaN
05-07-2002, 05:14 AM
i recvently had to format my computer, and I lost my quest file. No worries, I thought, I've uploaded the demo to my website. I downloaded it, and when I tried to load it, it asked for a password. Stupid me, I forgot it. Does anhone know how to retrieve and/or disable the password? No worry, I won't be using it on other quests, as I respect the hard labour of the ppl who create them.

The Savior
05-07-2002, 07:49 AM
Hell wil freeze over before DN tells you how to get around the password check, but I bet if you asked him real nice he'd change the password in your quest to something of your chosing for you.

Jigglysaint
05-07-2002, 12:05 PM
The best thing to do is write the password down. If not, consider having two copies of your quest. One is unpassworded and is used for editing the game, and a copy of that with a password so you can distribute it.

Lord AxaliaN
05-07-2002, 01:11 PM
Well, ofcourse I had two copies, but I had to do a format, the boot record was damaged, so i couldnt even reach the data. I'm not stupid, I'm folowing an IT education, so I'm not a newbie @ computers tech :S

Cronic
05-07-2002, 01:23 PM
DN is usually very nice abut opening a quest file for you if you can offer proof o it being yours.