PDA

View Full Version : Calling all mothers!

Foxy
05-07-2002, 04:58 AM
I'd really love some advice from any woman who has been pregnant before, or from anyone that knows anything about what I'm talking about!

I can't sleep, and it's been like this for the past two weeks or so. My hands are swollen and painful, and my legs are achy and uncomfortable in any position I have them in. I have been not able to fall asleep until 6am or so when I'm totally exhausted because of these pains. Does anyone know of anything that I can do to help alleviate some of this pain????? Tylenol doesn't work, a warm bath doesn't work. I'd appreciate any advice from anyone who's been in my shoes before. I know there aren't many here like that, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask....

:cry:

GuitarmanTim
05-07-2002, 05:08 AM
Ahhh that sux foxy. I'm sorry to hear that. I honestly don't know what could help you, but I hope it goes better soon...:(

Mander
05-07-2002, 05:18 AM
Unluckily about the only thing that will fix this is the baby being born. I had that for the last month and a half with my daughter. It didn't seem to matter what I did nothing worked.
My doctor told me it because she was pressed up against a nerve.
I did find if I took some painkillers like tylenol and then about 20 minutes later got into a hot bath it did help ease it. I would end up sleeping in the bath.
The last bit of a pregnancy can be real difficult. Just when you need your sleep it is almost impossible to get.
Sorry I wasn't able to help much. Hopefully someone here maybe able to help.

Drunken Tiger
05-07-2002, 05:20 AM
This sucks...

I hope you feel better foxy ... :(

Rijuhn
05-07-2002, 10:30 AM
I'm going to ask my mom about it, and I'm going to let her know that you're expecting soon, so maybe she can tell you what to do, or give you some insight or something to help you out.

Moblin Master
05-07-2002, 12:15 PM
ouch thats horrible foxy.
my mom was like that when she was carrying me but thats cuz iwould pull on her nerves from inside. you could always try to get some tylenol 3 or something. i dunno what would help. feel better soon.

Foxy
05-07-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by mander07
Unluckily about the only thing that will fix this is the baby being born. I had that for the last month and a half with my daughter. It didn't seem to matter what I did nothing worked.

:cry: Oh, don't tell me that!!! *sigh* That's what everyone else has said, too. I was hoping they were wrong. *small laugh*

Well, I'm just up to eat something and then I"m off to bed again to try and get a bit more sleep. I'm thinking of just sleeping the whole rest of the day, although then that would really screw up my sleeping for tonight. :( Ah well...at this point I don't really care. :tongue:

Hope you all have a good day...and keep it coming with the advice if ya have any, I'll take just about anything right now.

Toolie
05-07-2002, 01:03 PM
Eat a big chocolate cake and fried clams. You know you want them. And that will take your mind off it.

Or not; I have no idea... :P

DarkDragoonX
05-07-2002, 01:06 PM
Morphine. Lots and lots of morphine.

Toolie
05-07-2002, 01:08 PM
That can't possibly be good for Jonathan ( or is it Ethan? )

Masamune
05-07-2002, 01:14 PM
no i don't think babies like morphine

DarkDragoonX
05-07-2002, 01:14 PM
Oh, right. Forgot about that. Whoops. Hmm. Well, you'll probably have to wqait for the baby to be born, then.

me2
05-07-2002, 02:02 PM
That's a good sign, foxy. My mom had my brother in 2000, and she felt it about 2 weeks before my brother was born. Baby's on it's way!

GuitarmanTim
05-07-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by me2
That's a good sign, foxy. My mom had my brother in 2000, and she felt it about 2 weeks before my brother was born. Baby's on it's way!

I think she kinda already knows that though ;)

Clueless Blonde
05-07-2002, 06:13 PM
Aww, that's too bad hon. But, unfotunately, there's not really a whole lot you can do about it. Stay off your feet, and get as much rest as you can. I think everyone else is right though, it prolly won't get better 'till the baby's born. :shrug:
Let me know if there's anything I can do k? Dishes... laundry... clean house... whatever you need done. ;)

JayeM
05-07-2002, 07:44 PM
Pamper yourself. Didn't you say your mother was there with you now? It's time to let her take over the work. I know you're an active person but now is the time for rest. Your body is working nonstop taking care of the baby. Spend all your time in bed if that's what you feel like doing, many women have to stay in bed for the last part of their pregnancies. Get JJ to massage your legs. And put your doctor on the speed-dial, it won't be long!