PDA

View Full Version : Pipe bombs in mailboxes, oh what fun

Jemsee
05-06-2002, 10:57 PM
I learned this from my wife who works part time at the local Post Office.
See story here. (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&ncid=716&e=3&u=/ap/20020506/ap_on_re_us/mailbox_bombs_80)

I guess it all happened last Friday May 3. She said 8 or 9 ppeople injured and about the same number killed.
Some postal delivery carryers and some residents checking for their mail. I could not conferm this in the licked story I'll keep looking.
This happened quite aways from us but untill futher notice we have to leave our mail box doors open and put a rock on any mail left there.
It seems it just never ends.

Hermit
05-06-2002, 11:12 PM
I'm guilty of a few mailbox vandalisms in my time, but nothing like that. I never made anything that would destroy anything so to speak.

I made acid bombs with common household items. Seal it, pop it in a mailbox, 5 minutes later it would explode in it, leaving permanent stains and such, nothing major :shrug:
It's funnier when there is actually mail in there though, since that pretty much gets dissolved and melted :laughing:

E-FORCE
05-06-2002, 11:16 PM
The story is true. CNN reported that several other pipe bombs were found around areas near the borders of Iowa and Indiana if I remember correctly.

MetaStaiford
05-06-2002, 11:30 PM
personally, i believe this 'terrorist' makes a valid point with the type-written note, and is TRYING to do something good

BUT FUCKIN PIPEBOMBS ARE NOT THE WAY TO DO IT!!

jeesh, you think some people would learn there are better ways of changing the american government than reminding them of 9-11