PDA

View Full Version : Is it legal to ask for a ROM in here?

Kirov Airship
05-06-2002, 09:41 PM
Is it AGN legal to ask for a ROM in here? Specifically, a working Castlvania III ROM? After all, this is a wretched hive of scum and villiany.

Dechipher
05-06-2002, 09:43 PM
*sigh* read the handbook, silly

Cronic
05-06-2002, 09:45 PM
No, but you can follow the link in my sig to Fight Club, sign up and request your rom and someone is sure to help you out.

Kirov Airship
05-06-2002, 09:48 PM
Cool deal. Sorry to take up space.

Daarkseid
05-06-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Kirov Airship
Is it AGN legal to ask for a ROM in here? Specifically, a working Castlvania III ROM? After all, this is a wretched hive of scum and villiany.

I can't tell you where to find a "working" rom, but I will say that Castlevania 3 uses a high powered mapper that Nesticle and alot of lower ended NES emulators don't support. There is a version of the Castlevania 3 rom that is hacked to play properly on the Nesticle, but if you've been using Nesticle to play Castelvania 3, I'd suggest using a different emulator, like Nesten, REW, or FCE.

MottZilla
05-06-2002, 11:29 PM
No daark. CV3's mapper is supported by Nesticle however there are graphical glitches. I have however played a europeon version on emulators that played fine. Anyways, check out FC (mine or DC's sig) where we will help ya.

Cyclone
05-06-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Kirov Airship
Is it AGN legal to ask for a ROM in here?

Grabs his triple-barrelled shotgun from the wall and makes a show out of loading it.

Go right ahead. :evil:

Specifically, a working Castlvania III ROM?

Read above. Then contact me. I think I might have that one.

After all, this is a wretched hive of scum and villiany.

Not in that way, it ain't.

Cyclone

Daarkseid
05-06-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
No daark. CV3's mapper is supported by Nesticle however there are graphical glitches. I have however played a europeon version on emulators that played fine. Anyways, check out FC (mine or DC's sig) where we will help ya.

Oh is it? I heard the Nesticle either didn't support MMC5 or it had problems using it. Otherwise, NESten or REW, which support a large number of mappers, will play CV3 perfectly.

MottZilla
05-07-2002, 12:01 AM
Cyclone, it's double barreled shotgun. Triple is just stupid. And yes Daark, Nesticle has problems with CV3 (U) however CV3(E) played better. I remember loopynes playing the european version perfectly.

Golden Warrior
05-07-2002, 12:01 AM
Oh so that's why I've been having trouble with it no matter were I've gotten it from. Funny I never even thought about it.