PDA

View Full Version : New Star Fox... in Arcades???

KingArthur
05-06-2002, 09:35 PM
http://cube.ign.com/articles/358/358622p1.html

May 06, 2002 - Later this year UK studio Rare and Nintendo will release Star Fox Adventures for GameCube, but this, according to sources, is only the beginning of Fox McCloud's story for Nintendo's next-generation console.
Insiders out of Japan allege that the Namco is currently working jointly with Nintendo on a brand new Star Fox title for GameCube. The new project, underway for a short period already, is said to be a straight 3D shooter "in the traditional style of the series." The title is in development on Nintendo's Triforce arcade hardware, according to sources. No other concrete details about the game are available at this time.

This project marks the second official time Nintendo has recently partnered with a Japanese developer for the joint recreation of one of its franchises on GameCube, the first being the highly anticipated F-Zero GC / AC titles by the firm and Sega. Capcom Entertainment has also recently stated that it is working on a joint project with Nintendo, but would not specify for which system, GameCube or Game Boy Advance.

An official announcement regarding the project is expected later this week.

IGNcube contacted both Nintendo of America and Namco for comments, but neither company returned our phone calls in time for publish.

More soon.

Hmm... Sounds nifty. I wonder if the joint project with Capcom might be new Zelda's on GBA... hmmm.

The Silent Assassin
05-06-2002, 10:03 PM
Bad fucking ass! NINTENDO OFFICIALLY RULES.

Rijuhn
05-06-2002, 11:17 PM
Okay, Nintendo does know what they are doing. I'm glad I bought one.

Artevoi
05-07-2002, 08:48 PM
The Starfox games always felt like arcade games. This KICKS ASS!

The Silent Assassin
05-08-2002, 05:10 PM
Here is a screen of it:

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/starnewnamco.jpg

MottZilla
05-08-2002, 05:16 PM
Fox could look better, but the Arwings look sweet.

The Silent Assassin
05-08-2002, 05:23 PM
Time for old TSA to return to the arcades to impress some punks...

AlexMax
05-08-2002, 06:12 PM
HOLY SHIT!*$*%&#&@$*#@($&#&@#$*&(

THAT GAMES LOOKS ABSA-FRICKIN LUTLY SWEET!

Mak-X
05-08-2002, 06:30 PM
Cool.

I like the way the Arwings looked in Starfox 64 though, they look too blunted and rounded now, just like Starfox Adventures too.

The Silent Assassin
05-08-2002, 07:13 PM
They look like Pontoon Boats with wings...and yes Mak, I like the "pointier" versions...they looked futuristic and sleek.

KingArthur
05-08-2002, 08:39 PM
allrighty... according to this... http://cube.ign.com/articles/358/358767p1.html ...
We will also be seing a new Tales of Phantasia on GCN, a remake of the first for GBA, and some other Tales series game on GBA. SUWHEET!

And I dont believe that pic is a screenie, its probably just some official artwork.

Mak-X
05-08-2002, 09:21 PM
That might just be artwork, but its still the same way Arwings are in Starfox Adventures.

Heh, I was thinking they looked like floating boats too.