PDA

View Full Version : Empire Earth

Seigeless
05-06-2002, 07:52 PM
I recently purchased this game, and is already seriously addicted! The extraordinary zoom modes, the epochs, all the different units, planes, tanks, even cars. What do you all think about this game? Is it going to be another hit like starcraft or age of empires? What do u like best about this game?:king:

Raichu86
05-06-2002, 08:19 PM
I have never heard of it. I bet my computer couldn't handle it. :(

BTW, I think our avatars get along. :laughing:

Seigeless
05-06-2002, 08:20 PM
you're right about that! hehe :)
btw, check it out @ http://ee.heavengames.com/

Daarkseid
05-06-2002, 08:25 PM
The game looks interesting, I hear its supposed to be like Age of Empires, only it goes from all epochs, stone age to post modern age, as opposed to Age of Empires which only goes through a few epochs in specific eras.

Starkist
05-06-2002, 08:26 PM
I've heard of it too, it sounds like an awesome game, I would need an upgrade though.

Seigeless
05-06-2002, 08:35 PM
Its created by one of the lead designers of Age of Empires, except that this game is alot better, in terms of graphics, sound, gameplay, and the nice campaigns and scenarios. the best thing I like about it is that u can zoom all the way to ground level, making the game extremely realistic, especially in a battle. Also there are 16 epochs, from prehistory to science-fictional future, compared to the 4 epochs in age of empires. You also get to play in a great multiplayer server, especially since I've always been having problems with the zone server for age of empires II.

Toolie
05-06-2002, 08:50 PM
Downloading a copy as we speak... God bless file sharing programs... it is truly the age of Information!

Daarkseid
05-06-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Toolie
Downloading a copy as we speak... God bless file sharing programs... it is truly the age of Information!

No, its the age of being a god damn commie. Buy a new/good game for once, why dont ya?

Eh, I'm not entirely one to talk, but I still thinks it makes us out to be a bunch of pieces of shit.

Seigeless
05-06-2002, 09:20 PM
I agree with Daarkseid. We could only get more improvements on game quality, lower prices, and do a whole lot more to improve the industry for the better if we decide to get things honestly.

Daarkseid
05-06-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by seigeless
I agree with Daarkseid. We could only get more improvements on game quality, lower prices, and do a whole lot more to improve the industry for the better if we decide to get things honestly.

Well, thats a fairy tale as well. If people can get things for free, they will, provided the risks are low, which in this case, they are.

The only thing some of us ethical chumps can do is just sit by and pay for everything while less scrupulous people take whatever they desire.

Seigeless
05-06-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

Well, thats a fairy tale as well. If people can get things for free, they will, provided the risks are low, which in this case, they are.

The only thing some of us ethical chumps can do is just sit by and pay for everything while less scrupulous people take whatever they desire.

Just use this analogy... if you invent something that really good for everyone and you have to make a living by selling it, and see that most of the people are getting it for free through dishonest means and can do practically nothing about it; it really makes you sad, in addition to taking away your bread... i guess things need to change nowadays.

Toolie
05-06-2002, 09:35 PM
Um.. Lemme think.. nope - I'm gonna still download files for free since it doesn't cost me a dime :)

Drunken Tiger
05-06-2002, 10:05 PM
I havent got the game but i heard its really good...

i might go buy it after my exams...:tongue:

Starfalcon2
05-06-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by seigeless
Is it going to be another hit like starcraft or age of empires?

I dont think so but I think it may great game ever I have. There some has problem cuz few people play it and hard for other people! I like that one idea about upgrade units, that is very easy to upgrade a unit. Just click on the unit then click tiny button what you want to upgrade.

Seigeless
05-06-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Starfalcon2

Just click on the unit then click tiny button what you want to upgrade.

That would be much easier, but the method in the game allows you to customize it alot more, if you are upgrading within the epoch. you could choose to increase shock pierce, attack, defense, and alot more, depending on the unit. Personally, I think its better this way, in a realistic perspective. Also you can "upgrade" the units by clicking a button when you enter a new epoch, such as Swordsman to Musketeer, or Shortbow to Longbow.

Jemsee
05-06-2002, 11:15 PM
My brother has been telling me how great this game is, I'll have to get it sometime.
Right now I'm into Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds.
Anyway have fun with your new game, seigeless.
;)

Toolie
05-07-2002, 12:37 AM
Meh.... Toolie gives it a 6 out of 10.

Over used concept. It's just an AOE II rip. Nothing really original.