PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Tournament

Leon S. Kennedy
05-06-2002, 05:55 PM
Hey . . . . for you pro UT palyers . . . do any of you use elf bot. . ? ? cuz i try to use it and i did all of the .ini file things . . . .but when i try to join a game it says UTPure has detected a cheat in your system and i get a Connection Failed thing to come up and i cant join games what do i have to do ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

MottZilla
05-06-2002, 06:13 PM
No idea man. I never heard of an Elf bot.

Masamune
05-06-2002, 07:49 PM
i don't even use bots

vegeta1215
05-06-2002, 08:14 PM
The guy who did the AI for UT, Steven Poldge, is the creator of the Reaper Bot for Quake. Need I say more? (use the built in bots)

Leon S. Kennedy
05-06-2002, 08:43 PM
Well how do i get this AI bot thing . . . ? ?

vegeta1215
05-06-2002, 09:18 PM
AI = Artificial Intelligence. Bots are computer controlled opponents that work because someone wrote code to make them artificially intelligent, ie - make them smart so they can fight back and give you a decent game.

I'm pretty sure you can play one-player death match in UT. When you do, you're playing bots.

Leon S. Kennedy
05-07-2002, 08:24 AM
Oh . . . Im talking about Bots . . . there like hacks and i had this one where it would automacially aim at the guys and shoot at them . . . the only problem was that when i try to go on the internet i get blocked by a UTPure thing . . . . .

DarkDragoonX
05-07-2002, 11:12 AM
The reason you're getting kicked off is because you're cheating. UTPure automatically kicks off anyone using a hack or bot, so everyone has to play with skill, instead of letting a bot do their work.

AlexMax
05-07-2002, 12:10 PM
Well no wonder. You're using a friggin aimbot. I sure as hell wouldn't play with anyone using an AIMBOT.

But here is how to make an aimbot in a pinch...

1. Get a large piece of cardboard.
2. Cut out a square that fits the dimensions of your moniter.
3. Cut out a small circle in the center, around where the crosshair shows up when you play UT.
4. Using a sharpie pen, write the words "CLICK THE MOUSE WHEN ENEMY ENTERS THIS CIRCLE"
5. Attach it to your moniter.

There. A fully functional aimbot that tells you EXACTLY when to press the trigger.

Moral? Don't use an aimbot. Get some skill instead. It's much more satisfying that way.

Artevoi
05-07-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Leon S. Kennedy
Oh . . . Im talking about Bots . . . there like hacks and i had this one where it would automacially aim at the guys and shoot at them . . . the only problem was that when i try to go on the internet i get blocked by a UTPure thing . . . . .

Here's a thought: Enter the single-player tournament mode on the easiest skill level so you'll LEARN TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!!! :whap: Sure, I like to cheat (in single-player) every now and then, but a program that aims and shoots for you just kills the whole point of the game. :newbie:
Sorry if this is sounds like too much flaming, but I dispise people who cheat in multiplayer modes.

Leon S. Kennedy
05-08-2002, 09:41 AM
No No No No No . . . . . . Im doing this because i hate LAG, Lag is very evil the source of all evil, and when i play UT . . . . . I shoot and then about 2 or 3 seconds after i click and it sucks cuz i cant kill anyone . . . . . . . . . I fthere was no lag i would dominate you all . . . . . . . . HAHAHAHAHA

AlexMax
05-08-2002, 06:19 PM
Thats bullshit. Even people with lag can do well. I know because I used to rule Quake 1 with a 28.8 when I played often.

Trust me, when you play with LAG enough you find ways around lag. Like shooting a rocket where you PREDICT a player will be.

And if all else fails, find a better server. There are better ones out there.

But until you SHOW me a pic of you defeating some badass bots, I'm still skeptical.

Mak-X
05-08-2002, 06:36 PM
Lag is no excuse for cheating...its your internet connection that is the problem.

Fast action games like Unreal Tournament require connections without lag, and usually big connections like a cable modem or DSL.

AlexMax
05-08-2002, 06:38 PM
:/

My how times have changed...

In that case, give up on UT and play Half Life or Quake 1/2 instead.

(And yes, people DO still play Quake 1 Team Fortress. In fact, the Q1 TF players are usually 10x better than the ragtag b4k4s who play TFC, since Q1 TF is less accessable)

Leon S. Kennedy
05-09-2002, 01:37 PM
Well I am Afraid that all of you are WRONG . . . . . . HeHe . . . . My friend he has DSL and i play at his house alot and over at his house I get the same lag that i get on my 56k . . . . . . .

AlexMax
05-09-2002, 01:47 PM
It's the server you're playing on. Find another one.

Mak-X
05-09-2002, 04:16 PM
It could also depend on how powerful the computer your using is.