PDA

View Full Version : How did you find it?

UndeadOne13
05-06-2002, 05:46 PM
I couldn't help but notice that ZC isn't exactly in a lot of places on the internet. I was wondering how people found their way here. As an example post for my poll, I'll post how I found it.

I was looking up anything related to Zelda and found Zelda Elements. I looked at the fan games and followed the link to Open Zelda, where I then followed the link to these forums. I looked at them and saw two letters: ZC. I was confused and looked for about a week before going to ArmageddonGames.com and found the link to the Zelda Classic homepage. I downloaded it, and have had fun playing people's quests ever since.

I have also found a link on an abandonware site, but I can't remember what it was, but they gave ZC 4 out of 5 stars.

I got rid of the accidental second "Poll" in the title.

VEL
05-06-2002, 07:15 PM
I used to go to a site called "The BS Zelda Homepage" and PM posted about it on the message board there.

Jigglysaint
05-06-2002, 07:59 PM
This is kind of funny. I was surfing at Challenge Games message board(the one that was there is long gone), and I head about some Zelda editor called Zquest. Anyway, I remember I actually had to copy and paste the url, and I found ZC, but the editor wan't out yet. I got the game and then downloaded the quest, then found out about the custom quests that were out allready. Believe me, in those days, a custom quest was a BIG thing. Imagine, getting to play a whole new Zelda quest! I was estatic. I first tried War Lord's(or was it SB?)quest, then I tried Nightmare's. His quest was the first, and one of the first custom quests I ever played. I even liked some of the music and ripped it off for my own use. Then came 1.84 and Zquest Public. I wend nuts. I started to make a quest, but it never got anywhere. I started two more, each modeled after the BS game. The first had a light and dark world, several area, and was going to be my first quest. Now that events are doable(thanks to my genious), I can finish the quest. I started another one as well. Before Zquest came out I had a vision. 8 areas, one overworld that connects them all, 8 dungeons, and lots of backtracting. I tried this out in my second game. It's near finished too. Then came my Shady Oaks Quest, my first, and so far, only full quest I make. People still play that game(as I've got several e-mails).

Thats the story.

Nick
05-06-2002, 09:59 PM
I found it through Vel's site (after searching the internet a little when I didn't have a clue as to how to play some of the quests on his site) in which turn I found Vel's site through the BS Zelda Homepage (which I can't find anymore).

MountainDrew023
05-06-2002, 10:44 PM
I found it when i downloaded, played the rom zelda for nestc
then i looked for an legal way. I found Zelda by typing classic zelda download in the yahoo box. that was 2years ago WOW

itschris
05-06-2002, 11:07 PM
Around November of last year, I was surfing the internet. I think I typed in "Zelda" on google and found the armaggeddon games website.

I tried both Open Zelda and Zelda Classic, and since I couldn't get OZ to work, I used ZC. I followed the tutorial, and then started making my own quest, which is still a work in progress.

Sometime later I realized that ZC was the same program my dad was using several months before I found it to play Zelda 1 on the computer. Weird. :odd:

MottZilla
05-07-2002, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by VEL
I used to go to a site called "The BS Zelda Homepage" and PM posted about it on the message board there.

Ditto.

The Savior
05-07-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Nick41472
I found it through Vel's site (after searching the internet a little when I didn't have a clue as to how to play some of the quests on his site) in which turn I found Vel's site through the BS Zelda Homepage (which I can't find anymore).

Did anyone else think that kari came back before you saw the name/read the message? :cry:

Manson Seed
05-07-2002, 09:11 AM
Someone had posted a link to a custom zelda quest on a message board, I think gamefaqs.com. From their personal homepage I found this place. I don't even remember who's page it was, it was over a year ago. The quest wasn't that good either:D

Cronic
05-07-2002, 03:44 PM
I found Vel's site while searching for info on BS Zelda... I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to help people find ZC via AZC, but so far I really can't think of anything.

BFeely
05-07-2002, 07:23 PM
I have also found a link on an abandonware site, but I can't remember what it was, but they gave ZC 4 out of 5 stars.
I found it on Home of the Underdogs (http://www.the-underdogs.org)

Menokh
05-07-2002, 07:51 PM
LordMagus had downloaded it in February of 2001. He told me about it, and so I downloaded it. Version 1.84. I fiddled with ZQuest abit, and downloaded almost every quest in the Quest database(most of which aren't available anymore). In late march I actually stated to seriously work on a quest. I got 1.90 in April, and converted my quest to NewFirst(ugg.. what a bitch). It took me until October to finish it. I came to the forums when my sound mysteriously died in late may 2001, I fixed it no thanks to anyone here.... But for some reason I stayed.

Triffid
05-07-2002, 09:00 PM
I found it on the school network, it didn't work because it wasn't on C: but I followed the shortcut to Agn and from there went to ZeldaClassic.com

PrinceMSC
05-08-2002, 01:44 AM
I went to ZeldaPower.com alot to watch Zelda cartoons and clips of Majora's Mask before its release. On the site, there was fan games, and a link to some site with the program ZC. The download never worked. But I had to get this program because it says you can make your own Zelda quest. So I did a search for Zelda Classic and found Armageddon Games after looking around I found the site that hosted the download and I finally got ZC and was so happy. But when I start trying to learn it, and found it a bit hard to understand how some things work. So I deleted it. After a couple of months I was bored one day and remembered about ZC and decide to give it another try. Went and got it AGAIN and became good with it.

:king: PrinceMSC:king:

slothman
05-08-2002, 01:57 AM
I found it whilest reading http://slashdot.org. They were talking about games and one of the posts let me download ZC.

Hermit
05-08-2002, 06:13 AM
I don't really remember how I came across ZC. Best I can recall, I was probably looking for the NES zelda rom or SNES zelda rom and typed something like "zelda" in a search engine or something... which after seeing the results eventually brought me upon the ZC homepage... Voila! Love at first site :heart:

DC - Why not just give it it's own dedication page so to speak. I mean after all, AZC is totally dedicated and based on ZC and all aspects ot it. Just make a permanent line (or heading) and link to a dedication page under the logo and above the news ?

That way you can say whatever you want on a fresh page without having to cramp it in on the main page, with some good screenshots too :thumbsup:

K-Teclis
05-08-2002, 10:42 AM
I'm an AOL user... ouch! Stop hitting me with wet nuddles...
Anyway... I never looked in the games section... but one foggy afternoon.. or was it morning? Anyway I found an article about free games and I saw it: Zelda Classic!
I quickly went to the ZC.com and downloaded it!

After 4 months of learning Zquest I registered in Jul 2001

Toma
05-08-2002, 03:05 PM
A friend of mine had it, and mentioned it to me. He said it was a program to play zelda and make new quests, but that he could not figure out how to make quests. I thought it Sounded cool, but never really looked for it.
A couple of months later. I was reading the daily comic at http://www.reallifecomics.com/ and noticed one of the links led to a Zelda site. I went there and browsed around for a few days, then started checking out their links, this went on for 3 or 4 sites then I saw the words Zelda Classic in an article, and followed a nearby link to AGN. Downloaded it, and started working through the tutorial. I am now working on expanding my skill with this great toy.

cajuncat_jd
05-11-2002, 06:10 PM
Im found it at techtv.com, under free download games. Brought me straight to here early last year sometime, started with 1.84, was registered under another name but couldn't get in with it

ZeldaFan001
05-11-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by BFeely

I found it on Home of the Underdogs (http://www.the-underdogs.org)

Yep, same for me. I searched on dogpile.com and searched Zelda Fan Games. I went there and found it. That was 10 months ago. When 1.92 Build 64 came out, I found out about the forums and I signed up!

Mak-X
05-11-2002, 07:19 PM
I was playing Graal Online at the time, and browsing the Graal message boards one day when I found a link to http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.com The website really looked like Zelda back then and Phantom Menace was still working on it. I thought ZC was really neat but I never got into making any quests once ZQuest was released in the summer. I played some of the quest War Lord made, checked out the BS style quest, and the demo quest but that was about it.

QueenZ
09-21-2005, 09:38 AM
I've never been a game person ever really and then i played legend of zelda wind waker and i loved it ever since but because i don't have xbox or anything i started looking for zelda on pc and i ended up here :D

VEL
09-21-2005, 12:21 PM
QueenZ please don't reply to topics that are this old it is against the rules. (http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=78500)