PDA

View Full Version : I'm not dead, yet! Tis but a scratch!

AtmaWeapon
05-06-2002, 04:06 PM
Hey. I have been gone for nearly a week. To those of you who actually missed me, allow me to explain. About a week and a half ago, my mother decided to ground me from the computer in the morning indefinitely, meaning that I cannot use the computer in the morning ever again. Don't ask me for the reason, it would take too long and you really don't want to hear me whine about my mom's personality. Anyway, on top of the grounding, mom and dad came up with a strategy to ground me from the computer without saying I'm grounded. I come home from work at 5, take a bath, and talk with my g/f until supper at about 6. Dad gets on the computer at 6:15 and spends as long as he feels like on Yahoo fantasy sports. If dad gets up from the computer before 11:00, mom gets on the computer and plays either hearts or freecell until 11. So, the only time I'd be able to get on the computer is after 11, which brings me to my next problem: it's the end of my senior year. The prom was last Friday. I took the AP English Lit. exam today, I have AP Calculus tomorrow, and Wednesday senior final exams start. I won't even mention the honors banquets, senior parties, and other things I have to do in the next 2 weeks. I don't have the time for AGN right now, given my current computer schedule and other activities. I hate saying that I don't have time, I've really missed AGN while I was gone.

Now for the good parts: During the time I have been waiting for use of the computer, I have been on the computer in my room (it doesn't connect to the internet). I set up an IRC server and connect to localhost and I have been busily working on AtmaScript for mIRC. I am proud to say that the next time anyone sees me in #AGN I should be using AtmaScript 1.0. Also, I am on Dlvl 22 in Nethack, which is really cool. School is almost out; I think Friday is my last official school day, not counting the AP Government test I will take next Wednesday.

So, I just wanted to take this 10 minutes I had to let AGN know about what's going on with me. I guess since I've been here for a while I have an ego and I feel like it's important to AGN to know. So, for the people who are missing me, I'm coming back soon.

Now to make this topic something to discuss, rather than a description of my life.

How many seniors here have less than 10 days of school left?

Fiyerstorm
05-06-2002, 04:08 PM
I never even noticed you left....But WELCOME BACK ANYWAY!

DsS Game
05-06-2002, 08:44 PM
Didnt realize it cause im barely here.

Dechipher
05-06-2002, 08:47 PM
Since it's your senior year, they probably want you to spend more time with them, since you're going to be moving out soon (BTW, did moooie send you the game??)

VicViper
05-06-2002, 08:50 PM
Welcome back, Atma. I know how you feel. My parents managed to keep me off of the computer for a long time without actually grounding me.

Nice to see you back.

Kirov Airship
05-06-2002, 09:25 PM
I'm only a junior right now, but I know the kind of crunch you feel. I really can't let anything slip or it will seriously affect the way I want my life to be in the next few years. I have my regular courses (gearing up for SOL's), my C++ class, Governors School preparation, church responsibilities, and a newly aquired girlfriend in the mix. I keep telling myself "It will get easier next year..." but that just hasn't been the case for the past three years. Nor does it look like next year will either. I have seven classes lined up for my Senior year. I just hope I don't lose it.....