PDA

View Full Version : Question for the guitarplayas:

GuitarmanTim
05-06-2002, 03:12 PM
*edit* Woopsie :D wrong forum, I meant to put this in GD ;), won't happen again, promass.

Ok, I got 500$ on my hands, what should I buy? This is my current setup:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- 15Watt small marshall amp
- BOSS MD2 Mega Distorion stompbox
- Jimmy Hendrix CryBaby WahWah
- Peavey 4-string bassguitar
- old 20Watt Washburn bass amp
- Esteve spanish acoustic guitar

so what should I buy next? I was thinking of this nice Fender Strat I saw at the store, it was only 500$, but I think it was made in mexico (not sure, forgot to check). I'm also concidering selling my marshall amp and getting a Mesa Boogie or Fender Twin Reverb, since I now have a kick-ass distortion pedal that my marshall amp can't top. Those Mesa Boogies or Fender Twins aren't cheap though. Or maybe a cool chorus/delay pedal? Or a telecaster maybe? I dunno, what do you all think I should buy?

Cronic
05-06-2002, 03:36 PM
Moving to GD>>>>>

Darunia
05-06-2002, 03:42 PM
Where it was?? O_o

Ibis, God of Magicks
05-06-2002, 05:26 PM
Go with the Fender twin reverb. Those Kick ass!

Beldaran
05-06-2002, 05:34 PM
If you are playing through a marshall, and you are tired of sounding like a hungover paper cutout of a deceased ace frehley, then I would buy a fender hot rod deville. Best tone in the world for under $700. I don't know the price exactly, but it might be in your range. I would get a fender of SOME kind though. A good amp is more effective than a good guitar.

Rose
05-06-2002, 06:10 PM
I would go for the fender twin but thats just me besides i have one so besides go for what you want Tim 500 can get you some good stuff if you know what you want

Dechipher
05-06-2002, 07:16 PM
get a peavey!!!!! er....*looks around room*

GuitarmanTim
05-07-2002, 05:18 AM
Fender Twin it is :D I'll go have a look at some other fenders before I make a choice though. Thanx for your thoughts :thumbsup:

The Silent Assassin
05-07-2002, 06:17 AM
Ace Frehely rulz...and so does KISS...but listen to Belderan when it comes to Guitars. Talk to Hermit, he might be able to get you a discount.

vegeta1215
05-07-2002, 12:11 PM
I'd get a bigger Marshall amp. The Marshall's distortion is awesome too, you probably wouldn't need the BOSS distortion pedal if you got a Marshall with a foot switch.

My setup is:
- Ibanez RG350DX - white with black hardware, pearl pick guard, shark teeth inlays
- Marshall Valvestate 100h
- Marshall 1960 Lead 4x12 cabinet
- BOSS Super Chorus
- BOSS Flanger
- BOSS Distortion (DS-1)
- Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

GuitarmanTim
05-07-2002, 01:40 PM
hmm, I dunno. I agree that Marshall distrotion is great but you haven't heard my pedal ;) and besides, it's much easier to bring and I can't get the clear, crisp sound of a fender amp on my marshall. I think I'll go for a fender amp anyway.

vegeta1215
05-07-2002, 04:49 PM
Well, for distortion, everyone likes something different. But if you want a really nice clean sound, check out the Roland Jazz Chorus. I'm sure everyone will agree that is has one of the nicest clean sounds ever.

Even if you don't get one, go to the store and try it out :D