PDA

View Full Version : Ah...it makes sense! (LoZ)

The Silent Assassin
05-06-2002, 03:53 AM
I was reading my collection of Valiant Comics...and well...I've discovered something.

Well, to clarify some things:

Arn and Medila are Links parents. He grew up in the lands west of Hyrule, in Calatia. When he was a young boy, he was sent on a grand quest, and in the end claimed the Triforce of Courage. He was so brave and skilled, that it embedded itself into Link's heart.

Zelda "protects" the Triforce of Wisdom, but it is NOT hers, nor is the Triforce of Power Ganon's. It does not matter which force you have in balance, you can't "control" any piece unless the Triforce selects you.

Well, in this volume...Link claims the Triforce of Power...but it corrupts Link. He "becomes" Ganon (not really...). In the process, he loses the Triforce of Courage, and all he seeks is the Triforce of Wisdom.

Well...I just realized something while reading another volume. There are three great quests that one must undergo to claim the Triforce.

Link underwent one to get the Triforce of Courage. Of how he did this, no tale is told. Ganon underwent one to claim the Triforce of Power. In the US, of how this happened, no tale is told.

However, Zelda was the guardian of the Triforce of Wisdom, and in The Legend of Zelda, goes on a quest to recover it. It is said this was one of the "trials" of winning it. Once he did, the Triforce of Wisdom was put into his heart.

However...the GREAT ORDEAL to win the Triforce of Courage actually came in ZELDA II! So, in LoZ, Link wins the Triforce of Wisdom to his heart, AND IN The Adventure of Link, he wins the Triforce of Courage.

Now, finally it makes sense. With Ganon dead, the Triforce of Power was unclaimed, but couldn't be claimed by any. Thus the Eight Dragons of Evil appeared, and Link, now a King, sought to eliminate them. BUT HE COULDN'T KILL the last one! Why? No mortal can hold the entire Triforce in their heart! Thus, he could not slay the last beast, and his son, the archer, does instead, and HE gets the Triforce of Power in his heart.

AH! I see...you can "hold" all three, but you can't "own" all three. Hmm...this adds a whole new dimension to the story.

Hermit
05-06-2002, 04:01 AM
It's amazing the things you come up with pertaining to the world of Zelda and all related subjects. It adds alot more to the games as I know them anyway. Perhaps you should start a thread and tell us the whole story hmm ? That would be very neat indeed :)

satanman
05-06-2002, 05:28 AM
Sure as hell would, I didn't really get what you just said :rolleyes:
maybe because I don't know where these 8 dragons are from (which game) And since when was he a king?

The Silent Assassin
05-06-2002, 06:31 AM
The entire story, eh? Well...basically...(new thread)

DarkDragoonX
05-06-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
Well, in this volume...Link claims the Triforce of Power...but it corrupts Link. He "becomes" Ganon (not really...). In the process, he loses the Triforce of Courage, and all he seeks is the Triforce of Wisdom.

Heh, I have that issue.

"You don't need to join Ganon... you've BECOME Ganon!"

"Noooooooooo!"

Hahahaha!

AlexMax
05-06-2002, 12:35 PM
O_O

An hour later

O_o

o_O

Wow.....TSA you have WAY too much time on your hands.

But it DOES make sense, in a sick sort of way....