PDA

View Full Version : Yeah baby!!!!!!

Beldaran
05-05-2002, 09:54 PM
Harry Potter bites it. (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=579&e=1&cid=579&u=/nm/20020505/en_nm/leisure_spiderman_boxoffice_dc_3)

MottZilla
05-05-2002, 10:01 PM
Sweet. I hate that stupid fuck. Spiderman however kicks ass.

Hermit
05-06-2002, 02:56 AM
You hate Harry Potter ?

I loved the books. Haven't seen the movie yet though :shrug:

obi
05-06-2002, 03:22 AM
Trust me hermit, I f don't get to see the movie, your not missing out on much, The book is far better. The movie, just don't work well.
The spiderman however, better be better than the last...

Mitsukara
05-06-2002, 03:50 AM
Hmm... the first two Harry Potter books were good, and the third was okay... the third, however, failed to maintain my attention span all that well for some reason, and I never finished reading it. I hope to go back and finish it (or more likely reread the whole book) some time this summer.

The Silent Assassin
05-06-2002, 03:55 AM
There was a major ticket price increase this year in all Cinemark and AMC theatres, and 49% increase in average price. That is what accounts for Spiderman's record...I noticed because my tickets last year cost 5.50, they now cost 8.75.

Spiderman still rules over Harry Potter, though.

mrz84
05-06-2002, 04:00 AM
cheese is better than harry potter. therefore, spirder-man MUST be better than harry poter as well. :kawaii:

Jemsee
05-06-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Hermit
You hate Harry Potter ?
I loved the books. Haven't seen the movie yet though :shrug:

Me too. I'v read all the books and rather enjoyed the movie.
Will read the next one too and they could make a movie for each and I'd go see them.

Just saw Spider-Man this weekend and it was vary good.
Better than HP? Yes, but to me they are on different levels.

Drunken Tiger
05-06-2002, 08:36 AM
Im very proud to say that i have not read any of the "Harry Potter" books or seen the Movie....

:laughing:

I cant bear looking at some little boy with black round glasses who believes he can work magic....:laughing:

Beldaran
05-06-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
There was a major ticket price increase this year in all Cinemark and AMC theatres, and 49% increase in average price. That is what accounts for Spiderman's record...I noticed because my tickets last year cost 5.50, they now cost 8.75.

Spiderman still rules over Harry Potter, though.

That's a really good point. I hadn't thought about that. Do they take that into account at all? What about with the original Star Wars movies? I'm sure that in 1977 a movies was like $1.50, and Star Wars only just recently got beat at the box office in the last 5 years. I'd really like to hear how they calculate inflation and ticket prices.

blckscab
05-06-2002, 10:37 AM
About time something kicked that Harry Potters ass.
Those stupid adverts about HP toys get on my nerves.
I read the first two books and thought that they were ok. The movie wasnt all that good. I mean, you could tell if they were using computer graphics or not and the books were much better.

It might just be me but in the uk its called the philosophers stone and in usa is it called sorcerers stone. Am I right?

As for Spider man, I havent seen the movie yet but I want to soon.