PDA

View Full Version : Your Thoughts

DemoQuestFan
05-05-2002, 08:22 PM
Should the "Announcments" thread in Official Announcments be renamed "Banishments", cause thats where all the bans go, temp or perma.

Beldaran
05-05-2002, 08:28 PM
I voted "I don't care" because its warlord's board and he can do whatever.

Anyways, there's a lot in Official Announcements besides bannings. The latest board news, like when servers are down or whatever, is usually posted there.

DemoQuestFan
05-05-2002, 08:34 PM
Apparently you didnt take a good look at the question. it asks if the thread called Announcments that is within the forum Official Announcments should be renamed

Saffith
05-05-2002, 08:44 PM
Well, they are announcements.
And just because they've only announced bannings there so far doesn't mean they'll never put anything else there (though I doubt they will, really)...
But whatever. Unless you check it several times a day, how much does it affect you anyway?

Come to think of it, I'm not sure they can rename it without some hacking or some such thing. "Announcement" isn't actually part of the name. It simply shows what it is, just like how a thread with a poll is preceded by "Poll."

slothman
05-05-2002, 09:11 PM
This board doesn't seem to many have non-ban related announcements. But if they did exist then they would go there.

The Savior
05-05-2002, 09:44 PM
I don't like that topic anyways, because I can't just look at the number of topics in OA and be sure I'm not missing out on someone being banned.

DarkDragon
05-05-2002, 10:59 PM
No, I don't think it can be changed, because "Announcements" isn't really a thread, but an amalgram of various, er, announcements, which is why it doesn't show up in the forum tally and doesn't cause OA to be flagged as 'contains unread posts,' which is annoying.

Hermit
05-05-2002, 11:02 PM
Not all things on this board are really placed the way they should be so I don't really care.

Naming that thread "Announcements" in the Official Announcements forum is no sillier than having all these movie and video game threads in General Discussion, when clearly they have their own forums for it.

No one cares, so why should you ?

goKi
05-06-2002, 12:45 AM
i think its fine as it is actually.

Jemsee
05-06-2002, 07:58 AM
"Banishments" ??
Ummm...I think it's fine just where it is.
I voted NO.

Drunken Tiger
05-06-2002, 07:59 AM
Too much renaming makes staff cranky...:scared:

The Thing
05-06-2002, 03:48 PM
don't really care.

It's warlord's board.